C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

auto to manual and now cruise control doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 01:17 AM
DHobbs
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default auto to manual and now cruise control doesn't work

Basically that is it. There is a few wires that are unconnected that were attached to the transmission. I tried connecting them together and grounding but still no cruise (yes fuse is good)

1985. What else should I be focusing on
Old 09-29-2013, 08:23 AM
C409
Le Mans Master

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

..... Does your Speedometer work ? ... the later transmissions had a different pulse generator than the early cars ... is the VSS hooked up at all ? ......... that would be the only transmission connection that would interfere with Cruise operation ... other than that ... there is a switch on the brake pedal that disengages the cruise that may be out of adjustment ....... make sure the vacuum line for the cruise diaphragm is connected and in good condition ... its behind the distributor and runs under the wiper motor at the back of the block ... connects to a check valve that also feeds the HVAC in the cockpit ..........
Old 09-29-2013, 09:10 AM
vetteoz
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DHobbs
There is a few wires that are unconnected that were attached to the transmission. I tried connecting them together and grounding but still no cruise (yes fuse is good)
Only the 2 wires from the VSS unit in the auto tailshaft are used on a manual.
The 3 wires going to the plug on drv side of the auto case should be separated and insulated.
They are for the lockup convertor and unrelated to the cruise control

Get notified of new replies

To auto to manual and now cruise control doesn't work

Quick Reply: auto to manual and now cruise control doesn't work