C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Stuttering,stalling and missing.. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Christian95
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuttering,stalling and missing.. Help!

Just like the title says. It's an 87 convertible with a little over 22k miles on engine which is a 383 and a recently rebuilt transmission (250 miles at most). It idles high and stutters at idle and when in drive it runs rough like it's missing and jumps every now and then. When at a stop light it acts like it's going to die but at the same time jumps like I tapped the gas pedal almost as if to make up for almost dying. I've checked the fuel pump and I can hear it run for a couple seconds with ignition on. I've changed the fuel filter twice but I did let the tank run on empty so maybe it got clogged again? I know I've got some weird wiring in the harness but could that cause all of my problems? I know I at least have a short somewhere because my ctsy fuse will blow as soon as I turn the ignition on but I wouldn't think that would be related. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:11 AM
blackozvet
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 216 Posts

If you have a fuel pressure gauge you could check it while you drive around,
could be an injector clogged or going bad ?
could be a vacuum leak in the intake somewhere (if the idle is jumping around) ?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Christian95
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think it would be clogged injectors cause I just replaced them a few months ago. I'll run some lucas injector cleaner just in case though. I checked a couple vacuum lines around fuel pressure regulator and they were fine. I'll go through some more when I get a chance later today.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

If this started after trans repair check for loose ground wires, and pinched wiring in bell housing area
Old 10-12-2013, 01:10 AM
blackozvet
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 216 Posts

if you have pulled your brake booster line off the rear of the plenum recently check that too !

Get notified of new replies

To Stuttering,stalling and missing.. Help!

Quick Reply: Stuttering,stalling and missing.. Help!