C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Connector needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:35 PM
93pologreenvette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Connector needed

The AC programmer and connector on my 93 is toast...I found a programmer but having a time finding a new connector ...does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks
Old 12-03-2013, 05:41 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by 93pologreenvette
The AC programmer and connector on my 93 is toast...I found a programmer but having a time finding a new connector ...does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks
Is yours a 32 pin connector? Is it a C68 car? If yes then I believe that new is still available. You will need to release each terminal from the old and insert in the new OR you can buy new terminals and redo the connector from scratch. Do you have an FSM? I should be able to supply you with numbers you'll need.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 12-03-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:29 PM
93pologreenvette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Is yours a 32 pin connector? Is it a C68 car? If yes then I believe that new is still available. You will need to release each terminal from the old and insert in the new OR you can buy new terminals and redo the connector from scratch. Do you have an FSM? I should be able to supply you with numbers you'll need.
Yes Sir to both..Can I get new from a dealer ? Its at a corvette mechanics building I am trying to get the parts together for him to repair. He is very well known in the Birmingham area...was recommend by the corvette folk. He has done work before..
Old 12-04-2013, 03:19 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

In many cases the FSM (Factory Service Manual) will tell you the part number of the connector. In the back of section 8A there is a bunch of pictures of the connectors and what they connect to.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:10 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by 93pologreenvette
Yes Sir to both..Can I get new from a dealer ? Its at a corvette mechanics building I am trying to get the parts together for him to repair. He is very well known in the Birmingham area...was recommend by the corvette folk. He has done work before..
The connector you need is GM # 12041476 and is still available from GM it appears. The terminals are Micro-Pack 100 and the dealer should have them also BUT you'll need to find someone that understands terminals and the Delphi service package.

The terminals I don't believe are plated and I believe all of the wires are .35 - .5 so these terminal #'s should work if you need some.

12089660 oldest # and if the dealer had these still they would be in Tray #3, the current 12146447 should be in the same Tray. Depending on the age of the dealers package either or both numbers should be present.

Is the connector burnt or are some of the locks damaged or what? The connector will NOT come with any of the TPA latching mechanisms.

In the Birmingham area I'd think you'll have no problems with the terminals. The connector will be likely a special order but it's inexpensive - closer to $5 maybe. It would be foolish to mail order/Internet order because the dealer likely wouldn't charge any shipping.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 12-04-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Connector needed

Quick Reply: Connector needed