C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

TunerCat vs Moates Xtreme?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 09:34 AM
mxw128
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Default TunerCat vs Moates Xtreme?

I've been doing some reading and searching here and am looking for some clarification about the differences between the TunerCat LT1 packages and the Moates xtreme datalogger setups. It seems that they Will do basically the same thing, at least at the hardware level: interface from a PC to the aldl port to get PCM data. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to one setup over the other? (I've seen the moates setup with different O2 (wideband?) sensors too, but don't know if that's unique)
Old 01-11-2014, 02:24 PM
captainkawasaki
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mxw128
I've been doing some reading and searching here and am looking for some clarification about the differences between the TunerCat LT1 packages and the Moates xtreme datalogger setups. It seems that they Will do basically the same thing, at least at the hardware level: interface from a PC to the aldl port to get PCM data. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to one setup over the other? (I've seen the moates setup with different O2 (wideband?) sensors too, but don't know if that's unique)
The Moates software is the 'open source' of the EFI community. I'm an IT guy and have had great success with it. That being said, I didn't mind fooling around until I got it to work. I can't speak for TunerCat but know that it is more expensive so I would assume that it would work better 'out of the box'.

Quick Reply: TunerCat vs Moates Xtreme?