C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

eng wont shut off

Old 01-21-2014, 07:12 PM
pastamike
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eng wont shut off

its my understanding that a code P0100 is Maf sensor, and one way to test this is unplug it and if the end doesn't stall its bad or dirty. is this correct. please help.... oh i have a 1996 coup.

pasta mike
Old 01-21-2014, 07:40 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by pastamike
its my understanding that a code P0100 is Maf sensor, and one way to test this is unplug it and if the end doesn't stall its bad or dirty. is this correct. please help.... oh i have a 1996 coup.

pasta mike
Not necessarily true. If it does not change the way the engine is performing, if the idle doesn't change, if it doesn't get rough, then it is probably bad. If it gets rough, or changes idle RPM, then it is probably good.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:41 AM
pastamike
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
Not necessarily true. If it does not change the way the engine is performing, if the idle doesn't change, if it doesn't get rough, then it is probably bad. If it gets rough, or changes idle RPM, then it is probably good.

well yes the engine does stumble and idle changes, so then need to try and clean it with maf cleaner and see what happens then... thanks for your help...

pastamike..

Get notified of new replies

To eng wont shut off

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: eng wont shut off