C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Crossfire No Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Carabajal87108
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire No Fuel

I've had an 84 Crossfire for around a year and have done the following: New plugs Wires, Coil, Cap, Rotor, coolant sytem flush, new oil and trany gaskets, trany filter, Coolant Temp. Switch infront of intake, Fan Switch on Dside moter between plugs, Fan Relay, Fuel Relay, New Ground from frame to intake, and New ECM.

Car ran pretty good before new fuel relay and ground and ECM were installed. Replaced Ecm, due to no codes were availiable when scanned, but check engine light was always on. Fan/Fuel relays were changed due to prev. owner had opened and siliconed them back together. Before fan relay wap, fan would come on when hot the first time then would not come on again afterwards causing it to overheat on a 30 min run. So I replaced relay and fan switch with new pigtail, prev. owner had eliminated fan switch and rewired connector to battery. Can't tell if the issue is fixed, because after I replaced Ecm and relay right after.

Now I am not getting any power to fuel pump or relay unless I jump it from the battery. I tried the "G" terminal jump the outcome was barely a trickle or small spay. Injectors pulse when pump is not jumped, but when jumped no pulse straight spray, causing flooding in a 2 min start up. Fuse at fuse block is good, and when jumped at relay to battery pump works but no pulse from injectors, constant spay. same thing happens when jumped from fuse block constant spray. The ECM is less the 2 weeks old. Since I replaced it check ingine light is gone but car is not running. PLEASE HELP, she is my daily driver.

Anything would help.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:52 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Carabajal87108
I've had an 84 Crossfire for around a year and have done the following: New plugs Wires, Coil, Cap, Rotor, coolant sytem flush, new oil and trany gaskets, trany filter, Coolant Temp. Switch infront of intake, Fan Switch on Dside moter between plugs, Fan Relay, Fuel Relay, New Ground from frame to intake, and New ECM.

Car ran pretty good before new fuel relay and ground and ECM were installed. Replaced Ecm, due to no codes were availiable when scanned, but check engine light was always on. Fan/Fuel relays were changed due to prev. owner had opened and siliconed them back together. Before fan relay wap, fan would come on when hot the first time then would not come on again afterwards causing it to overheat on a 30 min run. So I replaced relay and fan switch with new pigtail, prev. owner had eliminated fan switch and rewired connector to battery. Can't tell if the issue is fixed, because after I replaced Ecm and relay right after.

Now I am not getting any power to fuel pump or relay unless I jump it from the battery. I tried the "G" terminal jump the outcome was barely a trickle or small spay. Injectors pulse when pump is not jumped, but when jumped no pulse straight spray, causing flooding in a 2 min start up. Fuse at fuse block is good, and when jumped at relay to battery pump works but no pulse from injectors, constant spay. same thing happens when jumped from fuse block constant spray. The ECM is less the 2 weeks old. Since I replaced it check ingine light is gone but car is not running. PLEASE HELP, she is my daily driver.

Anything would help.
Hello again Ray, responded to your other thread, hope you find the info useful. Here is our link once again.....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...solutions.html

Someone else had a similar problem not to long ago, have to try to remember what the solution was.... and locate the thread....
Tom
Old 03-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Carabajal87108
Intermediate

I've bought several repair manuals and repair disc's running low on funds with purchasing all thatwas possible to bring car back. even buying air sensor that was discontinued along with egr solenoid sensor. still can't find an actual Crossfire book, I've searched every where for a free copy, and paying $75 for it is not an option. the link you posted is helpful, and i'm going through them now. I need the car running ASAP, she is my daily driver. The injectors pulse when cranking so that eliminates that issue, will check C(1) Green/white wire on relay tomorrow, to see if it has a constant 12V. I purchased a GM scan tool and OBD2 adapter for scan tool. Also heard Check Engine light is suppose to stay on if key is on run but car is not started. If it doesn't it means ECM is bad.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:20 AM
AQUILA163
Advanced

See if you can get your money back on the obd2 adapter, obd2 started in 1996. Put the old parts back in one at a time and see if it starts. Clean the plugs first, it probably is flooded by now.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Carabajal87108
Intermediate

OB2 adapter $4, lol. It was running in open loop and overheating on a trip that was 20 mins long, fan would kick on once then turn off and not come back on. no fan switch connected. Car wasted gas idled funny and did not act right. OB2 adapter works, used it on 84 suburban ran codes and gave accurate faults. GM blinker scan tool works as well, before ecm would not read, check light would stay on, now its off with new ecm, but car doesn't receive fuel.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:54 AM
jimbil208
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Carabajal87108
OB2 adapter $4, lol. It was running in open loop and overheating on a trip that was 20 mins long, fan would kick on once then turn off and not come back on. no fan switch connected. Car wasted gas idled funny and did not act right. OB2 adapter works, used it on 84 suburban ran codes and gave accurate faults. GM blinker scan tool works as well, before ecm would not read, check light would stay on, now its off with new ecm, but car doesn't receive fuel.
You replaced the ECM, are you sure the chip isn't defective or bent pins?

Get notified of new replies

To Crossfire No Fuel

Quick Reply: Crossfire No Fuel