C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

HELP turn the key on and NO power Black

Old 03-05-2014, 07:04 PM
rays96in
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP turn the key on and NO power Black

Hello every one,

Need serious help with this one. I had the key on and I was taking off my fan relay and I took a hot wire from pos terminal of the relay to one other terminal to see if my fan would come on and it did but the car got I don't no how to explain but my fans to radiator are on when the keys on. and they slowed down like a power serge.... NOW I turn key on and I have nothing acc nothing dash, radio nothing total black nothing comes on... Is there a fuse, fusible link something I blew. car has and does run perfect every day car. What the hell pulled steering column down and have power to the switch all fuse work good.. Any idea's
Old 03-05-2014, 08:48 PM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Clean and tighten your battery terminals, then try again.
Is fan on with ignition on, a new problem or old problem ?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:00 PM
leesvet
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

well?

don't do THAT again !

AFTER you go thru the fuse panel and check each and every fuse...
THEN take the battery OUT, and the battery TRAY, and look at all the fusible links that live under the battery. They are the power source that has 'hot wires' to the jumper pole behind the battery toward the door jamb. These fusible links are the REAL power source for the DASH displays, the cabin/dash lites, the ECM and the fuel injection.

Sounds like you toasted one...or more. Replace links with the same value. They are rated like fuses. Your FSM will have the link values or you can find the tables for the gauge wire in that particular circuit and install the appropriate link.
Good luck !
Old 03-05-2014, 10:54 PM
rays96in
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea thanks for the come backs, Leesvet that's what I needed to no. How many fusible link are there do you no? I got power every where but nothing happens when I turn the keys on same as off. Thanks for input.. Think of anything else please let me no. Thanks

Oh yea no ECM went to carb

Last edited by rays96in; 03-05-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP turn the key on and NO power Black

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP turn the key on and NO power Black