C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'92 front park/turn (fog) lamp assembly, removal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 11:45 AM
corvette1987coupe
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default '92 front park/turn (fog) lamp assembly, removal?

My girlfriend's '92 black rose metallic coupe is going in for a repaint of the factory color. I am trying to remove all the exterior lamp assemblies (and emblems) before bringing the car to the body & paint shop.

So far I have all four (front & rear) side marker lamp assemblies removed.

Anyone have the steps needed to remove the front park/turn (fog) lamp assemblies from the front bumper cover?

It looks like they may not be able to be removed without taking off the front bumper cover. Would that be correct?

Thank you for the help on this.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:17 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by corvette1987coupe
My girlfriend's '92 black rose metallic coupe is going in for a repaint of the factory color. I am trying to remove all the exterior lamp assemblies (and emblems) before bringing the car to the body & paint shop.

So far I have all four (front & rear) side marker lamp assemblies removed.

Anyone have the steps needed to remove the front park/turn (fog) lamp assemblies from the front bumper cover?

It looks like they may not be able to be removed without taking off the front bumper cover. Would that be correct?

Cover needs removed and should be anyway for a refinish, rear cover also. Does it need to be? Some might say NO. I believe so.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:33 PM
corvette1987coupe
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good, that is what I was thinking also.
I will let her know, and we will talk with the paint shop manager to find out what his plan is. He gave us the impression most items would be removed for the paint work, but we will talk with him to see if that includes removing the bumper covers.
I expect he will remove the door mirrors also, but we will discuss that with him when we drop it off later today.

Get notified of new replies

To '92 front park/turn (fog) lamp assembly, removal?

Quick Reply: '92 front park/turn (fog) lamp assembly, removal?