C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1994 transmission mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 07:33 PM
shmansen
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 transmission mounts

Does anyone no the part number I'm looking for? Trying to order transmission mount for my 1994. 6speed standard. My car is Not a ZR1.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:53 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

C4 transmissions don't use transmission mounts. The "C-Beam" is what holds up the trans.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:54 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by shmansen
Does anyone no the part number I'm looking for? Trying to order transmission mount for my 1994. 6speed standard. My car is Not a ZR1.
Transmission doesn't have a transmission mount as most know it! Most RWD cars have a pair of engine mounts (as does your LT1) but most RWD have also a transmission mount on a cross-member at the rear of the transmission (your M6 LT1 does NOT). There's a beam from the transmission to the front of the differential that acts as the mounting member for the transmission. Someone will post up a chassis in a while. I thought I had one close but it appears NOT>

Last edited by WVZR-1; 03-27-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:33 PM
NASCAR314
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
There's a beam from the transmission to the front of the differential that acts as the mounting member for the transmission. Someone will post up a chassis in a while. I thought I had one close but it appears NOT>
This pic shows it pretty good
Old 03-28-2014, 11:21 AM
shmansen
3rd Gear

well my shifter seems to be lifting up out of the centre console when im under power. checked for motor mount movement under the hood and the engine doesnt seem to lift from the side like it would for a motor mount. but it does slightly lift at the back . kinda tilting forward. made me think trans mount. i looked up parts on ebay and all i could find was some polyurethane bushing type things. are these what get mounted between the trans and the C beam? to absorb vibration? like i said my shifter is lifting up while im under power. doesnt feel good at all and i want to fix asap. thanks for all the info guys

Last edited by shmansen; 03-28-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:28 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by shmansen
well my shifter seems to be lifting up out of the centre console when im under power. checked for motor mount movement under the hood and the engine doesnt seem to lift from the side like it would for a motor mount. but it does slightly lift at the back . kinda tilting forward. made me think trans mount. i looked up parts on ebay and all i could find was some polyurethane bushing type things. are these what get mounted between the trans and the C beam? to absorb vibration? like i said my shifter is lifting up while im under power. doesnt feel good at all and i want to fix asap. thanks for all the info guys
Check the torque of the four bolts 2 at transmission end and 2 at the differential end of the C-beam. They're very obvious in the snapshot of the drive-train. That will correct your problem unless they've been loose for an extended period of time and all of the holes are worn to oblong. It's not a fun task.

There are C-beam plates that make it easier if you need to do it frequently.

Here's a post with a snapshot that could help:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1575711652-post3.html

Last edited by WVZR-1; 03-28-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:12 PM
NASCAR314
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

It does sound like your C-beam bolts may have been loose and are now rounding out the holes in the C-beam itshelf. I have seen this before, If you get to that point, I would highly recommend "beam plates" which basically replace the nuts on top and spread the load over a larger area of the beam.

If you find that to be the case, try the ZF doc plates, or, a buddy of mine made up a few sets on a CNC machine and I now have them on my car with great results. He has several sets available for sale if interested PM me and I'll get you in touch with him.

Whatever you do, use blue loctite on the bolts for the C-beam, unless your using brand new lock-nuts.

This is a pic of mine at the transmission end, hard to see the top plate (block) on top, but it is their.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:25 PM
shmansen
3rd Gear

great thanks for the help guys. goes into the shop today.

Get notified of new replies

To 1994 transmission mounts

Quick Reply: 1994 transmission mounts