C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

diagram for heat vacuum lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 09:51 AM
jseremba
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Default diagram for heat vacuum lines

I have a 1984 Corvette. I have the shop manual but I could not find the diagrams for the vacuum lines for the heater.
I have two vacuum lines connected to my cruise control. one goes into the fire wall the other stays in the engine compartment. It has a "T". But I cannot find any hoses that are not connected to something. I think it goes to the engine and then to the round vacuum canister. Anyone know for sure.
thank you
Old 04-06-2014, 07:00 PM
vetteoz
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Typically the vac line runs from the intake vac port to a check valve
A line on one of the valve ports of the check valve goes inside for HVAC controls ; the other line goes to the T you mention for the CC then continues on to the vac ball under drv side head lamp
Old 04-07-2014, 02:29 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Look for something that looks like this (vacuum check valve):

The port on the bottom goes to the cruise control. The port on right goes into the engine wire harness and into the cabin. It attaches to the rear of the HVAC control panel and operates the various doors in the HVAC system. I don't know where the port of the left attaches on an '84. Probably somewhere on the intake manifold or throttle bodies (vacuum source).

Get notified of new replies

To diagram for heat vacuum lines

Quick Reply: diagram for heat vacuum lines