C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Hard shift fixed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 06:31 PM
eatmydst1234
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Hard shift fixed!

I have been chasing down a late, hard 1-2 shift on my '93 corvette. Well today I finally got that fixed! No more chirping 2nd under part throttle! I have adjusted the TV cable last year after getting the car and it made no difference.

The instructions I read never mentioned disconnecting the cruise control at the firewall, I always disconnected cable at the asr servo. Well today I readjusted the TV cable going exactly as the FSM stated. I knew there was a huge difference almost immediately after pulling out of driveway. It shifted to 2nd at roughly 1600 rpm at very light throttle, was a seamless shift too! I have never driven a corvette that didn't even have a shift kit.

Honestly I'm not sure it's right as I don't have a pressure gauge to throw on it. Can anyone confirm shift rpm at normal acceleration? I know it isn't an exact thing, but should let me know if I'm close.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:06 PM
7d8
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eatmydst1234
I have been chasing down a late, hard 1-2 shift on my '93 corvette. Well today I finally got that fixed! No more chirping 2nd under part throttle! I have adjusted the TV cable last year after getting the car and it made no difference.

The instructions I read never mentioned disconnecting the cruise control at the firewall, I always disconnected cable at the asr servo. Well today I readjusted the TV cable going exactly as the FSM stated. I knew there was a huge difference almost immediately after pulling out of driveway. It shifted to 2nd at roughly 1600 rpm at very light throttle, was a seamless shift too! I have never driven a corvette that didn't even have a shift kit.

Honestly I'm not sure it's right as I don't have a pressure gauge to throw on it. Can anyone confirm shift rpm at normal acceleration? I know it isn't an exact thing, but should let me know if I'm close.
What did the cruise cable have to do with the tv cable. I recently adjusted my cable and I am curious.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 PM
eatmydst1234
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 7d8
What did the cruise cable have to do with the tv cable. I recently adjusted my cable and I am curious.
it too connects to the ASR servo, if yours has ASR. whether it makes a difference in adjustment i don't really know.

Get notified of new replies

To Hard shift fixed!

Quick Reply: Hard shift fixed!