C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

SCCA National Match Tour

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 01:17 AM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default SCCA National Match Tour

Ran in my first National event last weekend with the SCCA. It was a lot of fun and humbling. Learned a lot though. Mainly, that I need to get 350lbs out of the car and work on the fuel starvation issue below 1/2 tank and Install a catch can!

Last edited by l98tpi; 04-20-2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:05 AM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

YES, must run RUN more than 1/2 tank. I run full tank for the weight balance and traction on corner exit under power. Seems to help.

What class did you run?

That looks like a fast and open course. I want going to try and make the Solo Championship Tour date in August at Wilmington. I will be very under tired with my 255's at all fours but it should be fun and a good learning experience.

How much power do you have and what tires where you running?
Old 04-20-2014, 01:03 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by 93Rubie
YES, must run RUN more than 1/2 tank. I run full tank for the weight balance and traction on corner exit under power. Seems to help.

What class did you run?

That looks like a fast and open course. I want going to try and make the Solo Championship Tour date in August at Wilmington. I will be very under tired with my 255's at all fours but it should be fun and a good learning experience.

How much power do you have and what tires where you running?
As far as the fuel, you are spot on with that. That was one of my first things to tackle, which I did yesterday. I did a search and some post in the past say that guys put a bottle around the fuel pump and put a couple holes in it and this will keep the fuel from sloshing to one side and starving the fuel pump. I started to do this yesterday and saw that my stock wind age tray was still attached good and looked good and deep. However the shape of the send and return lines seemed to be angled in a manner that would keep the pump above the wind age tray. So, I slightly bent the lines to an angle that has the pump down inside the tray and I hope that fixes it.

The next item is a catch can, which I have and should have the additional parts to complete sometime this week. I am going to plumb the whole PCV system to a breathable catch can.

And lastly is weight reduction. The car weighed in at 3211lbs and I can be as light as 2900lbs. A few items going to change are manual seat tracks, light weight battery, trim the hood structure and remove what isn't necessary, remove the tubs in the compartments in back, remove the air filter box and use a filter mounted directly in the tb, and use 12" rotors on the front. Another thing I did notice was it took longer for the brakes to heat up with the 13" rotors vs the 12's. So, for autox my opinion is the 12" are the way to go.

I run in SSM. There were 4 cars; a turbo MR2, a turbo s2000, a c5 VETTE, and my C4. There were 5 drivers. The other 4 drivers have been to Nationals at some time. I was the heaviest car.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:17 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

I would run the 12" brakes as well but Street (Stock) class rules dictate since I have a Z07 I have to run the J55's that where part of the package.

You should be able to get it down to 2900lbs fairly easily.

Get notified of new replies

To SCCA National Match Tour

Quick Reply: SCCA National Match Tour