C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1989 Ignition control module wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 10:22 PM
L98Monster
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 Ignition control module wiring?

Well, I'm messing with my dad's 89 Corvette and there's an issue with injector pulse. Last time the ignition control module was replaced, I did it and the little plastic plug that holds the wiring for the ICM broke off (old and brittle), so I carefully put the three wires back in their original order. Well, today it has the same issue and it's about 200 miles away from me, so my dad decided to replace the ICM himself. Well, a mechanic down where he lives replaced the distributor and I thought (for some reason) that wiring would be replaced too...so I didn't tell him about it. Not knowing (he's not mechanically inclined), he took out the module (without noting where wires went) to take it to the store to compare it. Well, he put it all back in and he had to jump start it to get it going and he ended up using ether to get it to start. He said it ran like crap at first but then it straightened out...until my step mom unhooked the jumper cables. Then he said it popped a few times and then stalled. Sounded to me like a bad battery or alternator...but I'm not there to check it.

The reason for my long post...does anyone have a picture or wiring diagram showing exactly where on the module each of those wires go so I can include that in my troubleshooting when I go down there to fix it here soon?

And, of course, the list of new parts...
*8 new fuel injectors from FIC.
*Injector control module
*Fuel pump
*Distributor
*Cap
*Rotor
*Plugs
*Wires

Not sure what else but I'll be diving into it here soon. I know VATS can kill injector pulse and so can the ICM and ECM...but I'm in the dark until I can look at it again in person. Thanks y'all!!!
Old 05-11-2014, 10:38 PM
vetteoz
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 05-11-2014, 10:50 PM
L98Monster
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man!!

Get notified of new replies

To 1989 Ignition control module wiring?

Quick Reply: 1989 Ignition control module wiring?