C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1992 cruise control vac lines

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 03:34 PM
vetdrem
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 cruise control vac lines

My boyfriend has a 1992 corvette manual transmission with LT1 in it. There are 2 rubber vacuum hoses coming off the cruise control that need replaced. I need to know where these 2 route to. I have searched everywhere to find a video or diagram showing me but can't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:55 PM
domesticpower
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

This link might help. http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/82001/
Old 06-01-2014, 09:14 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Default Hoses

I had to replace one of the hoses shortly after buying my 86. All I did was find the hose, get a rough length and bought some new hose of the same size plus a little extra in length. I just marked where both ends were attached and pulled the hose, cut the new one to length and hooked it up.
It was a simple replacement.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:58 AM
vetdrem
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by domesticpower
Thanks so much for the link!! Helps a lot!! Will update after doing this.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

At the cruise control servo, one hose goes thru the firewall into the interior and to a vacuum switch on the brake pedal and clutch pedal. When either pedal is depressed, vacuum is released from the vacuum servo which disables the cruise control.

The other hose goes a short distance (may be a foot) then goes to a T where it splits into two hoses.

One hose goes to the vacuum reservoir located in the front of the drive side wheel well
housing. It looks like a black plastic round ball about 6 inches in diameter. The vacuum line is underneath the reservoir so unless you unbolt it, it's hard to see where it actually attaches

The other hose goes to a vacuum check valve located under the passenger side fuel rail cover. This is the vacuum source for the cruise control servo and the heating/ac system to direct what dash vents the air comes out of. If the cruise doesn't work and the air is not coming out of the proper vents the check valve could be bad or the hoses at the check valve have developed a leak which is very common problem.

Here's a picture of the check valve. It's located under the passenger side fuel rail cover.

If you disconnect the hose going into the valve you should be able to draw air out of the valve but not blow air into it. If yuu can blow air into it the valve is bad. The valve is sold by most auto part stores in the Help aisle.

Get notified of new replies

To 1992 cruise control vac lines

Quick Reply: 1992 cruise control vac lines