C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

90 front right light comes half up

Old 07-10-2014, 09:51 AM
MZee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 90 front right light comes half up

So light switch-on, they flip up, but right flips halfway, I get out pull and it locks.
What's up with that? Don't tell me a new motor for that.
I've turned my lights on about three times in two summers.
Once I heard it close and keep clicking light it's off a track.
MZee
Old 07-10-2014, 10:05 AM
moneypitvette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi MZee I have a 90 vette also and mine was doing the same thing. It's the plastic gear teeth on the actual headlight motor. I replaced the gear and it works great now. I went on Utube and watched a couple videos on how to do it yourself, it took me about3-4 hours to do it. Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:24 AM
MZee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moneypitvette
Hi MZee I have a 90 vette also and mine was doing the same thing. It's the plastic gear teeth on the actual headlight motor. I replaced the gear and it works great now. I went on Utube and watched a couple videos on how to do it yourself, it took me about3-4 hours to do it. Hope this helps.
Yes thanks, helps a lot, I will have to buy the new plastic gear if I can.Or hopefully not have to buy an entire headlight unit / motor.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:08 PM
moneypitvette
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MZee
Yes thanks, helps a lot, I will have to buy the new plastic gear if I can.Or hopefully not have to buy an entire headlight unit / motor.
Hey you won't have to buy a whole light assembly just go on E-bay and you'll find them.They have gears made of brass that will last for ever or cheaper ones made of a white plastic. I went with the cheaper ones that look just like the originals and If they last another 25 years.... You can do this.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:49 PM
vert vette virgin
Instructor

Originally Posted by MZee
Your gears may be fine. There are 3 plastic gear plugs inside each gear assembly that turn into granules over time. That's what was wrong with mine and a lot of others on here. There are videos and still pictures detailing this procedure here too.

Get notified of new replies

To 90 front right light comes half up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 90 front right light comes half up