C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Test New MAF's and I will pay shipping

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 07:48 AM
senorv47
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test New MAF's and I will pay shipping

I've been having an issue with code 33. I purchased a new MAF and still got code 33, I contacted the company and they sent me another new MAF but still I get code 33. I have replaced all the relays so that is not the issue. However unlikely that I have received to bad MAF's if I can send them to someone with an 88 and physically test them that would clarify at least that issue. If someone will test them for me I will cover shipping both ways. Please PM me with your shipping address and I will get them out ASAP. I am in Maryland.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-22-2014, 08:44 AM
rlane5
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you check the connection the the MAF sensor, sometimes the terminals get corrodded
Old 07-22-2014, 08:47 AM
senorv47
Pro

Originally Posted by rlane5
Did you check the connection the the MAF sensor, sometimes the terminals get corrodded
Yes, I've pretty much exhausted everything. If the MAF's are faulty I can go back to the company with proof and get my money back.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:49 AM
MrWillys
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

The MAF high diagnostic of 45 grams per second may need to be increased in the programming if the vehicle has been modified.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:15 PM
senorv47
Pro

Originally Posted by MrWillys
The MAF high diagnostic of 45 grams per second may need to be increased in the programming if the vehicle has been modified.
Thanks but I haven't modified it. At least not on my watch. I know of
no modifications from the previous owner other than the hypertech chip that I removed when I first bought it. Went back to stock configuration. What the issue was initially that is had an intake leak which I repaired.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:27 PM
MrWillys
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Maybe this can help you:

http://www.chevythunder.com/maf_code_33.htm
Old 07-22-2014, 01:32 PM
senorv47
Pro

Appreciate the link. I have done this test three times with the same conclusions bad maf and a have swapped out two new mafs which I am asking if someone to test for me.
Thank you. If you know someone that can test these for me that would work
Old 07-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I sent you a PM.
I'm in Annapolis.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:16 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

I purchased and was sent 3 different maf sensors from a company in Pennsylvania that rebuilds them for alot of the local stores..All three of the maf sensors were bad and one was so screwed up my car wouldn't even start..The guy that was tuning my car at the time said it looked to him like they rebuilt them, but didn't build them to spec..They were off spec so bad he couldn't finish tuning my car until I got something better...I ended up getting a custom maf sensor from a company called "Blower Works".. They inserted their bin files into my chip so the maf sensor would work with my car, I have been a happy camper ever since..Car runs better then it ever did with the old maf sensor. The moral of this story is ( most rebuilt maf sensors are crap)..WW

Go to the Blowerworks site below and look under (GM L98 maf sensor) scroll down to the 4th picture and discription to see what they have for your car....

http://www.blowerworks.net/

Last edited by WW7; 07-22-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:25 PM
senorv47
Pro

Originally Posted by WW7
I purchased and was sent 3 different maf sensors from a company in Pennsylvania that rebuilds them for alot of the local stores..Both of the maf sensors were bad and one was so screwed up my car wouldn't even start..The guy that was tuning my car at the time said it looked to him like they rebuilt them, but didn't build them to spec..They were off spec so bad he couldn't finish tuning my car until I got something better...I ended up getting a custom maf sensor from a company called "Blower Works".. They inserted there bin files into my chip so the maf sensor would work with my car, I have been a happy camper ever since..Car runs better then it ever did with the old maf sensor. The moral of this story is ( most rebuilt maf sensors are crap)..WW

Go to the Blowerworks site and look under (GM L98 maf sensor) to see what they have for your car....

http://www.blowerworks.net/
Great, that is probably what happened to me. I am sending them off to a forum member to have them tested in his car. We will see what the results are. I am with you they are probably but off spec but I need to confirm that. I will check out blowerworks.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2014, 03:26 PM
senorv47
Pro

Originally Posted by Hooked on Vettes
I sent you a PM.
I'm in Annapolis.

Got it PM sent
Old 07-22-2014, 03:41 PM
senorv47
Pro

PM sent
Old 07-25-2014, 11:35 AM
senorv47
Pro

UPDATE: Thanks to a member of the forum my MAF's were tested and the calibration was not consistent with good operation in my 88 so I shipped them back to the seller and received my money back. Thank Hooked on Vettes. I should be receiving a used
Bosch MAF in the next few days.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:18 PM
senorv47
Pro

UPDATE: Solution was MAF I picked up a Bosch Standard reman for $59 on Ebay. Received it today and installed it "NO CODES" The MAF's I previously purchased were not calibrated properly so I got my money back from the company and bought this one.

Get notified of new replies

To Test New MAF's and I will pay shipping

Quick Reply: Test New MAF's and I will pay shipping