C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Code 32 - Continues 1990 A4

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 07:53 PM
flatbush862
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Code 32 - Continues 1990 A4

I have gone through all the code 32 threads, i.e. EGR valve. My symptoms as follows - 1990 A4 with SLPs runners, magnaflo exhaust ....after a long drive or when its really hot, the SES light comes on......Code 32. Restart, the SES light goes out. I checked the EGR valve and it would not hold a vacuum. Replaced with AC Delco device. After long drive SES light comes on again #$%^!!! I don't have the technical inventory and savvy to go through the various diagnostic flow charts out there so I think these are the probable cause(s):

- EGR solenoid needs replacement
- Leaking vacuum line(s) - the line going from the solenoid to the EGR
valve seems to be ok
-ECM
Which is most likely culprit? Also, I have a PCM for Less PROM. Can the Code 32 be programmed out ?

Thanks

Flatbush 862
Old 07-23-2014, 10:32 AM
tbirdsps
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same symptoms. I replaced the valve as it too would not open with a vacuum. Problem solved. The one side effect was that my service LTPWS light doesn't come on anymore like it did every time I drove the car.

Could it be with your mods that there's not enough exhaust back pressure to open the valve?

You really do need to now follow the troubleshooting procedure. Get help from a friend who may understand the procedure. It's not hard but it can be confusing.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:02 PM
flatbush862
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Code 32

Originally Posted by tbirdsps
I had the same symptoms. I replaced the valve as it too would not open with a vacuum. Problem solved. The one side effect was that my service LTPWS light doesn't come on anymore like it did every time I drove the car.

Could it be with your mods that there's not enough exhaust back pressure to open the valve?

You really do need to now follow the troubleshooting procedure. Get help from a friend who may understand the procedure. It's not hard but it can be confusing.
Yes I have heard about exhaust mods causing this but the service engine soon light came on well after the exhaust mods.... Like 5 years. I will check the remainder of the vacuum lines but will have to rely on a professional to do any diagnostics at this point. I'm looking for others to share their experience on resolving this problem before I I do that.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

These links have good info on EGR valves and how they work:

http://www.tomco-inc.com/Tech_Tips/ttt26.pdf
http://www.tomco-inc.com/Tech_Tips/ttt27.pdf

Get notified of new replies

To Code 32 - Continues 1990 A4

Quick Reply: Code 32 - Continues 1990 A4