C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

TPMS service light on 95 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:46 PM
Medic Andy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TPMS service light on 95 Corvette

A guy from a body shop, who was doing some work on my 95 C4, told me that he had to add some air to one of my tires since the tire apparently had a leak. I noticed the TPMS service warning light coming on as I started my car. The light turned off after driving about 100 yards. I checked the air pressure on my tires that night and noticed that the "leaking" tire in question had a pressure of 76 PSI. The body shop guy apparently didn't have a gauge and just added air into my tire until he thought that the pressure was about right. The warning / service TPMS light now comes on every time that I start the car, but also turn's off every time after I drive for a minute. I called several places, but nobody knows, or wants to work on my vette. Does anybody know if there is possibly a reset feature to delete or clear the warning code from the monitor screen? I'm also wondering if the body shop guy may damaged the tire / rim TPMS sensor when he so over inflated my tire, and that this may be the reason why the serves TPMS system warning light is now on?
Old 07-24-2014, 07:21 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,258 Likes on 2,021 Posts

If you get both bulbs lit when you do the "key on" then your system is functioning as engineered and since there was likely a previous code set then the second bulb goes out after the cars been driven the required time/speed to confirm.

I believe you just need to clear the code or codes. I believe that you can jump pins 5 & 6 in the ALDL 3 times within 10 seconds to clear them. Then you should get back to the bulb sequencing as engineered. Both lamps may remain "constant" until the key is cycled back to OFF. At next "key on" you should be good.

Jumping pins 5 & 6 should also flash the code or codes that were stored. There would be a sequence of flashes a short pause and then a sequence of flashes. You would do this prior to the "clear" procedure.

Which tire was "FLAT"?

Last edited by WVZR-1; 07-24-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:18 AM
phat87
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist

Default 20mph

Depending on the year of your car your TPMS light will stay active until you attain 20mph or so-many revolutions per minutes. Then the light will go out. It is a Hall Effect magnet generator system.

Get notified of new replies

To TPMS service light on 95 Corvette

Quick Reply: TPMS service light on 95 Corvette