C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

no PKE light on dash, remote not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Brad-Vette
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default no PKE light on dash, remote not working

Hi guys,
i bought a new FOB since the last one was corroded inside. However i cant program it because the PKE light doesn't come on when im trying to program it.

The only thing i have troubleshooted was that when the key is in the ignition there is no jingle (i was told if there isnt, somethings wrong with PKE)

where should i start on troubleshooting this issue, besides the fuse in the fusebox because its good.

thanks!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:03 AM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

There are three fuses in play, 26, 40 and 42. It would be useful if you described exactly the steps and results you got when you tried to program; but if by "jingle" you mean you don't get a warning alarm with the key in (but off) and door open, that is a problem. No "jingle" would mean a worn ignition cylinder, and you can't program a new fob if the module can't sense the key is in the ignition. You can try to go though the programming procedure but when you turn the key to off keep your hand on it and keep it firmly pushed in as far as possible. Sometimes that is enough to keep contact. On the other hand, if you don't get an alarm with the door open and key in the on position, you definitely have a cylinder problem.

The following only applies if you get an alarm with the key "on" and door open:
You should still get the PKE light to come on before you turn the key to off, so there is another problem before that. One thing to check is if the PKE light is simply burned out. Another simple question is, do your Trip and Fuel buttons work correctly for there normal functions? If either of these buttons are "stuck" or not functioning correctly that would need to be addressed.

Last edited by markKlein; 07-24-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Quick Reply: no PKE light on dash, remote not working