C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need some tire help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 04:14 PM
8valve
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Need some tire help

This winter, I will be putting new tires on my 95 Coupe.

The door sticker states for tire size;
Front P255/45/ZR17
Rear P285/40/ZR17

Some previous owner put the following tires on this car;

Front P235/45/17
Rear P245/40/18 **Notice 18 "

What was some previous owner trying to accomplish with the tire combination's he put on, especially 17 inch on the front and 18 inch on the rear ? The car really handles well with these tires.

Thanks for your thoughts/opinions

8Valve
Old 07-26-2014, 04:27 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Originally Posted by 8valve
This winter, I will be putting new tires on my 95 Coupe.

The door sticker states for tire size;
Front P255/45/ZR17
Rear P285/40/ZR17

Some previous owner put the following tires on this car;

Front P235/45/17
Rear P245/40/18 **Notice 18 "

What was some previous owner trying to accomplish with the tire combination's he put on, especially 17 inch on the front and 18 inch on the rear ? The car really handles well with these tires.

Thanks for your thoughts/opinions

8Valve
You need to pull a front and a rear from the car and likely on the back-side the wheel width and the offset will be cast into the wheel. With that information it would be much easier to try and explain your options and maybe the reason why.

Without that information it's near impossible to guess why and also impossible to offer up suggestions. You can't plan a tire purchase without the information. The wheel, what little can be seen in your Avatar suggests maybe C5 ZO6 knock-offs or maybe the real thing. They're black "something" until you remove and get the information!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 07-26-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:21 PM
8valve
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
You need to pull a front and a rear from the car and likely on the back-side the wheel width and the offset will be cast into the wheel. With that information it would be much easier to try and explain your options and maybe the reason why.

Without that information it's near impossible to guess why and also impossible to offer up suggestions. You can't plan a tire purchase without the information. The wheel, what little can be seen in your Avatar suggests maybe C5 ZO6 knock-offs or maybe the real thing. They're black "something" until you remove and get the information!
WVZR;Thanks for the reply. Yes the wheels are C5 Z06 knock offs. They were on the car when I bought it. Later this summer, I will pull the wheels and get the info you mention. I asm running straight with my work and not much time right now for tires.

Thank You
8Valve

Get notified of new replies

To Need some tire help

Quick Reply: Need some tire help