C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

88 c68 help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 06:56 PM
smokedbologna
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 c68 help

I bought a wrecked 88 last year and have no blower fan or A/C. I replaced the head unit and nothing. This car has been converted to a carburetor setup. I can use a jumper wire and make the compressor clutch engage and the blower motor run. Does the A/C programmer above the accelerator pedal control the fan as well as the other functions of heat/cool? Any help would be appreciated!!
Old 08-17-2014, 02:11 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by smokedbologna
I bought a wrecked 88 last year and have no blower fan or A/C. I replaced the head unit and nothing. This car has been converted to a carburetor setup. I can use a jumper wire and make the compressor clutch engage and the blower motor run. Does the A/C programmer above the accelerator pedal control the fan as well as the other functions of heat/cool? Any help would be appreciated!!
The fan is not connected to the HVAC programmer in any way. It is controlled by the BCM (Blower Control Module), which is mounted on the evaporator housing:

The large red wire on the 2-pin connector is the 12 volt supply. It comes from the positive battery cable on the starter solenoid and has 12 volts on it all the time. There is a fusible link at the starter solenoid end.

The HVAC programmer mainly controls the various vacuum actuators in the HVAC ducting that determine where the air comes out. It also controls the blend door motor that determines the temperature of the air coming out of the ducts.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:24 PM
smokedbologna
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your help. Going to invest in a service manual.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:18 PM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by smokedbologna
Any help would be appreciated!!
Some help from my 86 service manual

http://members.shaw.ca/dankai/HVAC%20Electrical.pdf

http://members.shaw.ca/dankai/HVAV'S.pdf

Get notified of new replies

To 88 c68 help

Quick Reply: 88 c68 help