C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Replacing the EGR Valve 1989 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 04:37 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

...do you know if the brake booster vac line do i just pop off the rubber line from the metal or should I just unscrew it at the plenum?
Sorry for the dealy; I always just unscrew at the plenum.

Oh, and I only use a torque wrench up top when replacing the intake base, and then in the specified order and stages. For runners I just use "feel" till snug and then check manifold vac on startup.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Red89'-L98
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
FL Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor'13

Originally Posted by WW7
Dat be True......There's always Helicoils for the problems that may arise...Everyone should have to install a Helicoil at least once in there life, just so they know how it's done...It's all good......WW
haha sadly I am very good with helicoils but only due to friends who screw stuff up and are not smart enough to learn how to do it themselves.

Originally Posted by 65Z01
Sorry for the dealy; I always just unscrew at the plenum.

Oh, and I only use a torque wrench up top when replacing the intake base, and then in the specified order and stages. For runners I just use "feel" till snug and then check manifold vac on startup.
Thanks, I figured it would be easier than trying to wrestle it out the other way.

Quick Reply: Replacing the EGR Valve 1989 Corvette