C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fun day with the family

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 11:40 AM
_ski_dwn_it
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blackozvet
I read your comment on single plane with interest,
do you have any feedback in relation to my thread on the subject ?
I would be particularly interested in any knowledge you have on plenum volume etc ?
I will comment here on some basics and my results and other larger CI motors and you can determine what applies to your setups. Again my setup is a 11.5:1 434 mechanical roller and is very streetable and works great on the track. With 1.28-1.30 60ft times trust me there is no bottom end loss. Traps in the mid 130MPH I dont see any top end loss either for what it is. On the street both are just stupid and you won't need either unless you want to meet a curb or guard raid intimately.

With that said, our single planes were started with Edlebrock Super Victor intakes. Model 2925 if I recall. From there you need to cut down the thermostat housing on the front, weld in fuel injector bungs, and mill down the plenum some. We make sheet metal plenums that accepted a 58mm TB. Inside the plenum I make a plastic ramp that funneled the air downward and helped its path. Getting the heights and everything under the hood was the tricky part but I eventually did. Looks pretty trick and I get a LOT of compliments. In fact I have thought about doing exotic heads but the intake is the reason I keep the heads I do and the nightmare of headers.

We have these on several cars, not just mine. Mine runs the times it does on 30# injectors at 50psi. Other similiar and I ran mine there also years back with 24lb injectors. Highest duty cycle I see is 68% and I turn mine to 7290RPM. Electic shifter set to 7k and that is where the actual shift takes place on the DFI. The other tidbit is the DFI system over stock MAF gains you NOTHING...its nicer for logging and tuning but performance wise dont look for any gains.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:44 PM
blackozvet
Melting Slicks

Received 278 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by _ski_dwn_it
I will comment here on some basics and my results and other larger CI motors and you can determine what applies to your setups. Again my setup is a 11.5:1 434 mechanical roller and is very streetable and works great on the track. With 1.28-1.30 60ft times trust me there is no bottom end loss. Traps in the mid 130MPH I dont see any top end loss either for what it is. On the street both are just stupid and you won't need either unless you want to meet a curb or guard raid intimately.
With that said, our single planes were started with Edlebrock Super Victor intakes. Model 2925 if I recall. From there you need to cut down the thermostat housing on the front, weld in fuel injector bungs, and mill down the plenum some. We make sheet metal plenums that accepted a 58mm TB. Inside the plenum I make a plastic ramp that funneled the air downward and helped its path. Getting the heights and everything under the hood was the tricky part but I eventually did. Looks pretty trick and I get a LOT of compliments. In fact I have thought about doing exotic heads but the intake is the reason I keep the heads I do and the nightmare of headers.
We have these on several cars, not just mine. Mine runs the times it does on 30# injectors at 50psi. Other similiar and I ran mine there also years back with 24lb injectors. Highest duty cycle I see is 68% and I turn mine to 7290RPM. Electic shifter set to 7k and that is where the actual shift takes place on the DFI. The other tidbit is the DFI system over stock MAF gains you NOTHING...its nicer for logging and tuning but performance wise dont look for any gains.
Im running mine on 383, 11.1:1, hyd roller .540 , on a ProComp manifold, using a moroso remote thermo housing,
using #30 injectors @ 46 psi and still with 2 x 48 mm TB, and MAF,
Ran if for the first time at hillclimb last weekend, first thing that was immediate (after the need for fresh front tyres !) was it obv needed a gear change (currently 3.07) to around 3.54 to use the new rev range that it didnt have with the TPI/SLP setup. Ran it quickest time ever, despite a few issues holding it back from its potential, just need to spend more money !

Old 09-17-2014, 11:39 PM
red L98
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome back jesse ..

Quick Reply: Fun day with the family