C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

engine stalls

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 06:46 PM
swiftvetc4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine stalls

1994 LT1 Auto 71,000 miles. Car stalls after short drive and shuting car off. Doesnt die but have to nurse it to keep it running. Starts back up ok but then chokes and gags on acceleration. After a few minutes runs OK. Only happens after short drive around 2-3 miles. Had codes checked nothing shows. Ideas?
Also if plug wires have 1-8 numbers on them could they be org wires? Didnt know if after market wires had the numbers for cylinders.
Thanks to All
Old 09-16-2014, 10:12 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 491 Likes on 392 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

So, you go for a short drive and shut the engine off. Then after you restart, it runs rough and nearly stalls?

Also, I've never seen aftermarket wires imprinted with the numbers, so I'd guess the wires were original.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:53 PM
swiftvetc4
Advanced

Originally Posted by ghlkal
So, you go for a short drive and shut the engine off. Then after you restart, it runs rough and nearly stalls?

Also, I've never seen aftermarket wires imprinted with the numbers, so I'd guess the wires were original.
Yes that is correct
Old 09-17-2014, 09:28 AM
swiftvetc4
Advanced

Originally Posted by ghlkal

Not sure if this is a related issue. Recently car doen't always downshift on full acceleration. Hit and miss. Starting to wonder about TPS. Idel has a slight miss also when sitting for a few moments. Thanks
Old 09-24-2014, 10:47 AM
swiftvetc4
Advanced

Originally Posted by swiftvetc4
Not sure if this is a related issue. Recently car doen't always downshift on full acceleration. Hit and miss. Starting to wonder about TPS. Idel has a slight miss also when sitting for a few moments. Thanks
Car had one of those after market air flow sensors on it that relocate sensor from throttle body to air cleaner. Took it off and put old sensor back in org place. Took car to Mid America corvette show ran great!
Doing plugs and wires next.

A little disapointed in the lack of help or ideas on what to check. Guess everyones super busy.

Get notified of new replies

To engine stalls

Quick Reply: engine stalls