C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

automatic door locks keep locking and unlocking

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Bigd44
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default automatic door locks keep locking and unlocking

I have a '95 C4. The other day the door locks and the rear window lock kept locking and unlocking. They wouldn't stop until I started the car. Then last night it did it again, with the alarm going off and all the locks locking and unlocking. When I unlocked the car with the key the alarm turned off but the locks kept on locking and unlocking until I started the car. My automatic door key fob hasn't worked for a couple of years, so I don't think that has anything to do with the problem.

Has anybody ever heard of this before, and what causes it, and how do you fix it?

Thanks
Dave
Old 09-17-2014, 08:45 PM
cudamax
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Strange. Maybe its possessed. Try spraying WD-40 with the little red nozzle hooked up, directly into both the door lock switches. Flood them. It won't hurt noth-in and just might work
Old 09-18-2014, 01:47 AM
Bigd44
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cudamax
Strange. Maybe its possessed. Try spraying WD-40 with the little red nozzle hooked up, directly into both the door lock switches. Flood them. It won't hurt noth-in and just might work
HaHa! Hadn't thought of it being possessed. I'll try the WD-40. Thanks
Old 09-18-2014, 06:21 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Default Autolocks

Originally Posted by Bigd44
I have a '95 C4. The other day the door locks and the rear window lock kept locking and unlocking. They wouldn't stop until I started the car. Then last night it did it again, with the alarm going off and all the locks locking and unlocking. When I unlocked the car with the key the alarm turned off but the locks kept on locking and unlocking until I started the car. My automatic door key fob hasn't worked for a couple of years, so I don't think that has anything to do with the problem.

Has anybody ever heard of this before, and what causes it, and how do you fix it?

Thanks
Dave
I've seen it before on a Mercury Marquis. Went to the dealer but they were not able to resolve it. Ultimately there was a process in the manual on how to disable the autolocking option and that was what I had to do. Sorry, unable to find any other working solution.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:23 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Pull the PKE fuse.

You said the fob hasn't worked in a while? Just for fun, I would sit in the car and see if I could disable the PKE system with the fob. Maybe it just decided to work again.

Get notified of new replies

To automatic door locks keep locking and unlocking

Quick Reply: automatic door locks keep locking and unlocking