C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Anyone on here in the Nashvill or Franklin area who can wrench or knows a good shop?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 11:19 PM
Philsphan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone on here in the Nashvill or Franklin area who can wrench or knows a good shop?

The Serpentine Belt went on my 88 yesterday and now ofcourse as a cause of that now have no power steering or water pump.. This is a week after my getting my tensioner replaced and tightened.. The mechanic who did my tensioner told me the smog pump was bad which makes sense because it had been making noise for about a month.. This is the 2nd time the serpentine belt has gone on this car in about 16 months.. First time was a different state and different mechanic and the outcome way worse that's another story.. Now I wonder could the serpentine belt had went because of how the tensioner was adjusted or because of the smog pump being bad.. If anybody on here in the Franklin or Nashville area is adept with these vehicles mechanically or knows a good shop input would be appreciated greatly.. If someone even thinks they could fix my issues would gladly compensate them for there time.. If not im going to have to take it back to mechanic who did my tensioner.. Not saying he messed up but its discouraging to pay to have work done then a week later something goes.. Thank you all for your time..

Last edited by Philsphan; 10-16-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone on here in the Nashvill or Franklin area who can wrench or knows a good shop?