C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

need an electronic spedometer adaptor

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:50 PM
bigwave71
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need an electronic spedometer adaptor

help please, I changed my rear from a 2.59 to a 3.33 and I bought an electronic speedometer adaptor but over the years it has went bad and the name of it has disappeared from the top of it, I cant find a replacement anywhere. does anyone know where to get one? the one I have is a black box with a circuit board in it, its about 3 inches wide by 6 inches by 1 inch thick and it is wired into the speed sensor wires from trans
Old 10-30-2014, 07:04 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bigwave71
help please, I changed my rear from a 2.59 to a 3.33 and I bought an electronic speedometer adaptor but over the years it has went bad and the name of it has disappeared from the top of it, I cant find a replacement anywhere. does anyone know where to get one? the one I have is a black box with a circuit board in it, its about 3 inches wide by 6 inches by 1 inch thick and it is wired into the speed sensor wires from trans
Is this it? http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corvette-speedometer-calibrator-1984-2004.html
Old 10-30-2014, 07:09 PM
bigwave71
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
WOW, that's it, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I knew I came to the right place, you rock Daniel
Old 10-30-2014, 07:27 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

I'd maybe shop a little for the product. The Eckler's product is "double" the price of the Dakota Digital box and there are many others. Wiring is similar for most if not identical. Does your current box have "dip switches" for calibration?

The DD product:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...roduct_id=126/

I've always tried to avoid the DRA approach but with the availability of the drive/driven gear combinations and the VSS it's certainly becoming the "go to" product for many.

What year car?

Several years ago if we had to do these we used Abbott:

http://www.abbott-tach.com/era.htm

SLP I believe had problems with DD product and many changed to the Abbott product. None of ours ever came back. There may be some pricing availability for Abbott through other vendors.

There are others!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 10-30-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:57 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

A friend of mine swapped the 700r4 in his '89 to a ZF and did a rear gear change at the same time. He used Dakota Digital and has had no problems with it.

His 700r4 is in my car now. He destroyed it with his built 383. That's why he did the ZF swap.

Get notified of new replies

To need an electronic spedometer adaptor

Quick Reply: need an electronic spedometer adaptor