C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

c4 caonvertable top replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 11:27 AM
wjc1947
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c4 caonvertable top replacement

has anyone replaced the top on a 1986 pace car. How difficult is it . I just ordered a new top from auto berry and the instructions they emailed me are very vague in fact do not even apply to my car as it has no back seet or pannels to attach rear of top , the top is basically independent of the vehicle attacched by the frame where it pivots. any advice is appreciated, as to materials needed, or tools. According o the mfg the top is custom fit to gm specs and redquires no sewing. I ordered the sta fast vynil in red. tks
Old 11-21-2014, 05:44 PM
shawn 84&92
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I have done 2 of them. The hardest part is to get it to sit flat against the rear deck. I would start at the back and work forward.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:28 PM
salt6
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wjc1947
has anyone replaced the top on a 1986 pace car. How difficult is it . I just ordered a new top from auto berry and the instructions they emailed me are very vague in fact do not even apply to my car as it has no back seet or pannels to attach rear of top , the top is basically independent of the vehicle attacched by the frame where it pivots. any advice is appreciated, as to materials needed, or tools. According o the mfg the top is custom fit to gm specs and redquires no sewing. I ordered the sta fast vynil in red. tks
This might help.

http://tech.corvettecentral.com/2012...-installation/
Old 12-08-2014, 04:52 PM
beerme
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wjc1947
I installed mine, but had a hell of a time with the rear bow, I ended up gluing the top to the bow and cutting off the excess material. Been almost 3 years and still looks good, but 95% of time top is down. Oh yea, I strongly recommend a tube pillow to insert into the plastic window to keep it from rubbing on itself when the top is down, which causes scratches, after you install the top you don't want the window to get cloudy.

Best of Luck,

Get notified of new replies

To c4 caonvertable top replacement

Quick Reply: c4 caonvertable top replacement