C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LT1 valve adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Shaun R
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LT1 valve adjustment

Noisy motor after rebuild and looks like it's due to the rockers being gaped instead of zero lash. Just want to confirm I have the correct LT1 corvette rockers and I am adjusting them correctly. My LT4 is torque and go, these I am setting to zero lash and then a quarter turn. This is a marine LT1 which is basically a stock 4bolt Corvette motor with brass freeze plugs. Cam is stock LT1.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:14 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

If you can tolerate the mess with the engine running/covers off back ea rocker off til you hear them and do it over. Prefer 1/2 turn after 0 lash may quiet up some. What brand lifters are they
Old 11-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Shaun R
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There were a few that were really loose and has me hoping this was a slight oversight and I don't have other bolts loose in the motor. I am trying to stay away from running the motor with the valve covers off as I don't want to clean oil off the boat carpet or vinyl. Just did one side and tightened them up and gave it a quarter turn. Boat motors don't run as hot and use 20w-50 oil. So a little looser on the specs is usually a good idea. Not sure on the brand of lifter as I don't have the spec sheet in front of me. Thanks for the quick reply!

Get notified of new replies

To LT1 valve adjustment

Quick Reply: LT1 valve adjustment