C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Vats

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 01:13 AM
c4redkayak
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vats

Has anyone heard of or used VATS delete module from new Rockies incorporated....they're guaranteed to work 30 day money back guarantee.....this module replaces the baths and the key is no longer needed or rather the key with the pellet according to sources
Old 11-23-2014, 09:12 AM
aDigitalPhantom
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would not buy that. Painless makes as far as I can tell the same thing, and I would rather buy it from painless then that site. 64023 early type, and 64024 late type.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:24 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

If you want to just delete the ignition cylinder from the vats system, go to Corvette Central or Ecklers and get a delete module to do this...You can get them for about $24.00...This allows you to use any key that will fit the ignition lock, either with or without a pellet...This eliminates the problem of having a worn pellet or bad contacts in the ignition cylinder....,...WW
Old 11-23-2014, 10:28 AM
corvettenorway
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

http://www.joestradingpost.com/vats/index.html
Old 11-23-2014, 01:53 PM
jispr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do NOT buy New Rockies. I tried it, you have to access the ccm, tap into some wires and TRY a combination of switches and I never got it to work. You only need the correct resister inline. I got one off EBAY
rather than try to make one. By the way this resister bypasses PassKey
not VATS. Vats can be programmed out of your eprom or by adding a module from PCM of North Carolina
Old 11-23-2014, 02:43 PM
aDigitalPhantom
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jispr
Do NOT buy New Rockies. I tried it, you have to access the ccm, tap into some wires and TRY a combination of switches and I never got it to work. You only need the correct resister inline. I got one off EBAY
rather than try to make one. By the way this resister bypasses PassKey
not VATS. Vats can be programmed out of your eprom or by adding a module from PCM of North Carolina
When the correct resistance is verified the CCM sends a fuel enable signal to the ECM/PCM. The Painless module I mentioned should send this same signal to the ECM. You don't need to access the CCM the wires involved are also at the ECM.

The link above has the resistance information, and more good information.

The resistor is the best method if every other part of the system is working correctly beside the ignition cylinder reading the resistance.

The modules like painless and other places offer would not enable the start relay and other systems that are also disabled. Those are not hard to bypass, and these modules are often cheaper to use as a replacement then the factory modules. Yes this can also be accomplished by programing VATS out of the ECM, but if you want to hide a switch to disable starting programming it out wont work.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:06 PM
c4redkayak
Heel & Toe

Default injectors not firing

I have found problem checked negative output pulse from distributor found that there was a pulse there then checked to see if there was a pulse at the PCM no pulse there so I ran the wire from distributor wire to connector on the PCM the result was engine started and ran perfect time and time again started and ran perfect thanks for all your help and all the members that contributed to my 87 being alive again
Old 07-30-2018, 09:44 AM
dknechtly
Heel & Toe

I know this is an old post, but I'm also looking at installing the VATS bypass (waveform generator) on a 1987 C4. I've already done the resistor bypass at the steering column but no luck. It starts the shuts off. Could you offer more details on your solution? Thanks

Old 07-31-2018, 08:47 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by dknechtly
It starts the shuts off. Could you offer more details on your solution? Thanks
If the car starts, it's not VATs. If it was VATs related the engine wouldn't even turn over at all. Based on the fact the car starts, I'd suspect first the fuel system.
Get a pressure gauge on the fuel rail and see if the fuel pressure is holding. After that, I'd look into a noid light and check the injectors for signal and finally ignition.

Good luck.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:18 AM
dknechtly
Heel & Toe

A little history... Completely stock car has been very well maintained. It ran and drove fine. She parked it in her garage for over a year and the gas turned bad. I cleaned the gas tank, blew out lines, replaced fuel pump and filters. It starts then dies.. No cough and sputter, just shuts off. I am not getting voltage at fuel injectors per my digital meter. No engine codes. Sparkplugs spark strong. Fuel pump kicks on with over 40+ psi. I by-passed VAT key with resistors. Jumpered the oil pressure switch (pump runs). Still no luck. I have not tried a noid light yet.

Get notified of new replies

To Vats

Quick Reply: Vats