C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1993 Clutch bleeder

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 11:56 AM
emptnest
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default 1993 Clutch bleeder

I already use speed bleeders on the brakes of my 1993 Corvette.

My question today addresses the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder for the clutch.

The stock bleeder valve appears to be identical to those for the brakes. But, I’m not sure.

If they are identical, I would like to install a speed bleeder to replace the stock bleeder on the slave cylinder for the clutch.

Can anyone confirm whether the speed bleeder will function in place of the stock bleeder for the clutch?

And are the bleeders for the clutch and brakes the same thread sizes?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Kinkajou
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some years ago I installed speedbleeder and liked them so much that I also installed one at the clutch slave. I do not remember if it was a different size but I am almost sure that it was the same.
And it works just fine. No problems there.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:51 PM
emptnest
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Update

Having now removed the bleeder from the slave cylinder, I can report The bleeders for the brakes and the clutch are definitely not the same, at least not on my car, which is stock in both respects so far as I know.

The bleeder screw on the clutch slave is considerably larger than those on the brake calipers. The brake speed bleeder inserted into the slave cylinder without even making contact with the female threads of the slave cylinder.

This trial and error stuff stinks.

I searched my FSM through and through, and spent several hours on the interweb looking to no avail for thread specs for the clutch bleeder.

If anyone can provide this info, it would be much appreciated.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:27 AM
Ripe93
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emptnest
Having now removed the bleeder from the slave cylinder, I can report The bleeders for the brakes and the clutch are definitely not the same, at least not on my car, which is stock in both respects so far as I know.

The bleeder screw on the clutch slave is considerably larger than those on the brake calipers. The brake speed bleeder inserted into the slave cylinder without even making contact with the female threads of the slave cylinder.

This trial and error stuff stinks.

I searched my FSM through and through, and spent several hours on the interweb looking to no avail for thread specs for the clutch bleeder.

If anyone can provide this info, it would be much appreciated.
The Motive Products Brake Bleeder fits on the clutch MC.. It is the same threads as the european mfr ATE. Part number for the adapter is 1100. Complete unit is 0100. I just bled my brakes and clutch and made a video to post to YouTube. I tested the boiling point of the old/new also (from 360 deg to 565 deg) I'll post it soon.

Get notified of new replies

To 1993 Clutch bleeder

Quick Reply: 1993 Clutch bleeder