C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

94 front cornering lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 07:11 AM
ricasso
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 94 front cornering lights

Does anyone know if the front cornering/fog light unit's come apart? the reason being to find an answer to the condensation that's built up in there, I've not taken the units out yet because if they are one piece there wont be much I can do about it, just have to live with it..
Old 11-28-2014, 08:16 AM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 129 Posts

The front sidemarker/cornering lamp is a one-piece unit.
They are simple to remove, but removing the two bulbs should let you apply a hair dryer to clear out condensation.

Last edited by rocco16; 11-28-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:49 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

The seal on the lamp sockets can be replaced to eliminate condensation and dusting issues. They're quite inexpensive. I've never attempted to document them but it's something I might do for some of the more popular ones.

Once you use a blow dryer to remove the condensation you can use some silicone base lube on the socket seal and certainly help the condensation issue you have if it's the socket to lamp seal at fault. If the lens to housing bond is the cause then of course the replacement of the seal or the lube isn't going to help.

The '94 side marker/corning lamp is a very simple removal to allow you to dry them on the bench. The turn/fog lamps require bumper fascia removal.

here's a Delphi document for some of the more popular lamp sockets and parts, it's by no means complete:

http://www.delphi.com/connectors/***...mp_Sockets.pdf

I believe that Mouser has a UK distribution point so if there was something that you thought would work you could maybe source them in the UK. Here's a sample of a very popular seal:

http://uk.mouser.com/Search/Refine.a...yword=12129909

For a disassembly for refinish I've always replaced all of the gaskets and seals for the lamp sockets.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 11-28-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:25 AM
ricasso
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
The seal on the lamp sockets can be replaced to eliminate condensation and dusting issues. They're quite inexpensive. I've never attempted to document them but it's something I might do for some of the more popular ones.

Once you use a blow dryer to remove the condensation you can use some silicone base lube on the socket seal and certainly help the condensation issue you have if it's the socket to lamp seal at fault. If the lens to housing bond is the cause then of course the replacement of the seal or the lube isn't going to help.

The '94 side marker/corning lamp is a very simple removal to allow you to dry them on the bench. The turn/fog lamps require bumper fascia removal.

here's a Delphi document for some of the more popular lamp sockets and parts, it's by no means complete:

http://www.delphi.com/connectors/***...mp_Sockets.pdf

I believe that Mouser has a UK distribution point so if there was something that you thought would work you could maybe source them in the UK. Here's a sample of a very popular seal:

http://uk.mouser.com/Search/Refine.a...yword=12129909

For a disassembly for refinish I've always replaced all of the gaskets and seals for the lamp sockets.
Many thanks for your comprehensive reply, I will follow your advice and will be contacting the company you mentioned

Get notified of new replies

To 94 front cornering lights

Quick Reply: 94 front cornering lights