C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Interior Light LED Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 11:18 PM
C4ProjectCar
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Interior Light LED Conversion

While in the process of fixing all of the lights that had stopped working in my interior, I decided to swap all the bulbs out with LEDs. I looked up the bulbs I would need and ordered them. Easy. Fast forward a few days, and I got the "universal" 168s that I need for the glovebox, cargo courtesy, and mirror reading lights.

I tried to put them in the mirror, but it turns out they're too large in diameter due to the LED electronics. I've seen several threads on LED conversions, but no one says which LEDs they used. Does anyone have a link to LEDs that will work in the mirror? The maximum diameter that will work is about .42", or 10.5mm.

My car is a 1990 base coupe.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Heysailor
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try this vendor... great products, good prices and very friendly. Their site has a wealth of information on Leds.
I've used their Leds on my 96 int & ext with great results.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

Last edited by Heysailor; 12-03-2014 at 01:19 AM. Reason: update
Old 12-03-2014, 05:52 PM
C4ProjectCar
Drifting

Originally Posted by Heysailor
Try this vendor... great products, good prices and very friendly. Their site has a wealth of information on Leds.
I've used their Leds on my 96 int & ext with great results.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/
Thanks, that's a great site.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:59 PM
C4ProjectCar
Drifting

I got my LED for the mirror console flood light (the little light with an orange filter over it) but it doesn't work. Yes, I tried putting the LED in both ways. I got out the multimeter, and it appears both contacts in the bulb socket are grounded. I connected the probes to the reading lights on the mirror, getting 12v or so, then disconnected the ground probe and touched it sequentially to both contacts. Still 12v for each. I tested with ignition on, ignition off, interior lights on, interior lights off, headlights on, headlights off, mirror flood light switch on, and switch off and had the same results each time.

How could both wires be grounded? A short would have blown a fuse, I'd think, yet all of the other lights work.

Get notified of new replies

To Interior Light LED Conversion

Quick Reply: Interior Light LED Conversion