C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

fx3 computer reset

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 07:19 PM
4953mark
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fx3 computer reset

Hello Everyone:

I just replaced my shocks and actuators and i can't get the computer to clear the old error codes.

I see something in the book about grounding the pin three times.

There must be something else involved like turning the key off or how to finish the reset.

Can anyone help.

Does anyone have a tech 1 with chassis 89-93 pluggin for sale?

thanks,

Mark
Old 12-04-2014, 07:55 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Trouble codes can be reset by grounding pin "C" of the ALDL for 2 seconds and repeat twice more for a total of 3 times.

I can't recall if there are "history" codes for the SRC system. The ECM will store history codes but they should be identified with a letter "H" as part of the code. Are you getting the same codes before replacing everything? What codes do you see now?

To use a GM Tech1, you will need the 88-92 brake cartridge installed on the unit.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:12 AM
4953mark
Intermediate

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Trouble codes can be reset by grounding pin "C" of the ALDL for 2 seconds and repeat twice more for a total of 3 times.

I can't recall if there are "history" codes for the SRC system. The ECM will store history codes but they should be identified with a letter "H" as part of the code. Are you getting the same codes before replacing everything? What codes do you see now?

To use a GM Tech1, you will need the 88-92 brake cartridge installed on the unit.
Thanks for the help:

That is right out of the manual. There is something that needs to be done to make that work. Key on or key off and I don't remember what i did to find the problem. The same error codes I had before having the shocks and actuators rebuilt are still there.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:04 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

The ignition key does need to be in the ON position (engine not running) to clear codes.

What are the codes you are seeing?

Go thru the clearing procedure then start the engine and move the car for some distance. The system will go through a self-check. But if you cycle the ignition key ON and OFF more than three times without the car moving, a Code 23 is set. That code is retained until cleared.

If no other codes are present, the SRC light will go off but that Code 23 will remain until its' cleared.

Last edited by c4cruiser; 12-05-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:50 AM
4953mark
Intermediate

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
The ignition key does need to be in the ON position (engine not running) to clear codes.

What are the codes you are seeing?

Go thru the clearing procedure then start the engine and move the car for some distance. The system will go through a self-check. But if you cycle the ignition key ON and OFF more than three times without the car moving, a Code 23 is set. That code is retained until cleared.

If no other codes are present, the SRC light will go off but that Code 23 will remain until its' cleared.
o.k., if i have this right. key on clear codes with three on off;s of the grounding pin c then what? key off or start the car?

move the car and then check if light is on if so check codes?

14, 22 32 34

Get notified of new replies

To fx3 computer reset

Quick Reply: fx3 computer reset