C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1990 A/C running in all modes

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 03:55 PM
spctrbytz
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1990 A/C running in all modes

1990 coupe, C68 auto climate control.

Air does come out where you select, and cooling works well.

When turning up the heat, A/C compressor still runs even when selecting 90 degrees.

Coolant seems to be flowing through heater core, and does seem slightly less hot on return hose.

Sometimes temperature buttons, especially the down button, become unresponsive. Minutes later, they all work again.

The outside temperature display seems to hold an old reading for a while before updating. For example, I drive in the morning and the temperature accurately displays 45 degrees. When I leave work, the 45 degree reading stays there for several minutes, even though it's 70 degrees.

I don't have any HVAC codes flashing. I have removed the A/C fuse for several minutes, then reconnected and heard the blend door cycle.

What direction do y'all think I need to be sniffing towards?

Thanks

Tony in Abilene
Old 12-09-2014, 04:34 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

this sounds like the programmer is failing. it's deep in the dash and controls where air flows.

Another thing, as these heads age, it's not a bad idea to take them apart and clean the contacts under the buttons. Sticky buttons are not going to work well.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:22 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by spctrbytz
The outside temperature display seems to hold an old reading for a while before updating. For example, I drive in the morning and the temperature accurately displays 45 degrees. When I leave work, the 45 degree reading stays there for several minutes, even though it's 70 degrees.
Mine started doing that several years ago. I never did figure out what causes it and it's still doing it today.

Look at this thread and clean your switch contacts:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lp-needed.html

Get notified of new replies

To 1990 A/C running in all modes

Quick Reply: 1990 A/C running in all modes