C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

help with corvette mod hid s

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 03:55 PM
bob arrowsmith
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default help with corvette mod hid s

Hi Folks,, first time requesting any thing. this is a great forum, so much knowledge.. I am the new owner of a beautiful white 96 lt1 and have been doing the usual add ones . I have come across a problem that really confuses me with these corvette mods hid kit I bought for my head lights and fog. Is there any body in the area that I live that would be able to help me with this install with advice .There instructions suck....I live in the Pomona area of Los angeles co. Thanks
Old 12-17-2014, 04:29 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Post the part numbers that you bought and post a link to the package (s). If there's a link to the instructions on their site post that also. There's no help with the information that you've mentioned. The more information you can post the easier it will be for someone to help you.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:56 PM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

Maybe this will help?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tion-help.html
Old 12-18-2014, 11:05 AM
bob arrowsmith
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default hid install,

Thanks Gentleman for your swift reply, I will see what I can do. It looks like some of the wiring is not long enough so will have to modify.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:29 PM
mmandley
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bob arrowsmith
Hi Folks,, first time requesting any thing. this is a great forum, so much knowledge.. I am the new owner of a beautiful white 96 lt1 and have been doing the usual add ones . I have come across a problem that really confuses me with these corvette mods hid kit I bought for my head lights and fog. Is there any body in the area that I live that would be able to help me with this install with advice .There instructions suck....I live in the Pomona area of Los angeles co. Thanks
I bought their kit and installed it on my 93 40TH

The Fog lights are the easy part. You just use 3m tape and mount the ballast on the inside of the bumper and plug the new HIDs in.

For the headlights, I kept the main harness on the drivers side.
The long wires to the second half of the lights I ran to the passenger.
I would need to look at mine again to give you more details on how I ran it but from the top of my head I followed my hood light wires.

I did have to extend the Fused power line as I wanted this on my battery + . I did not have to modify the HID harness any farther.

Now since the install I do notice when I first turn the lights on for about 15-20 minutes my HIGH BEAM indicator is on but then after that I can flash the Hi on and off and the indicator returns to normal.

Corvette Mods said they have a resistor I can add to stop this from happening.

Feel free to post here or PM me any questions and I will help anyway I can.

I can't get any pictures other then what I posted here of mine until Sunday as the car is covered in my garage and I am working 13 hour shifts till Sunday.

Here is the thread I have with a couple pics.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587866823
Old 12-18-2014, 03:58 PM
MITCH
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mmandley
I bought their kit and installed it on my 93 40TH

The Fog lights are the easy part. You just use 3m tape and mount the ballast on the inside of the bumper and plug the new HIDs in.

For the headlights, I kept the main harness on the drivers side.
The long wires to the second half of the lights I ran to the passenger.
I would need to look at mine again to give you more details on how I ran it but from the top of my head I followed my hood light wires.

I did have to extend the Fused power line as I wanted this on my battery + . I did not have to modify the HID harness any farther.

Now since the install I do notice when I first turn the lights on for about 15-20 minutes my HIGH BEAM indicator is on but then after that I can flash the Hi on and off and the indicator returns to normal.

Corvette Mods said they have a resistor I can add to stop this from happening.

Feel free to post here or PM me any questions and I will help anyway I can.

I can't get any pictures other then what I posted here of mine until Sunday as the car is covered in my garage and I am working 13 hour shifts till Sunday.

Here is the thread I have with a couple pics.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587866823
This kit is a piece of crap in my opinion. I brought it and returned it.
Mitch
Old 12-19-2014, 12:06 AM
mmandley
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MITCH
This kit is a piece of crap in my opinion. I brought it and returned it.
Mitch
I can understand your feelings on this. For me there isn't a lot of options unless you want to spend 1k or more. When i look at what i got vs what I paid, I think it's fair. I agree the kit could be better, could have better instructions.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:40 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

I installed the CorvetteMods headlights only kit. The instructions were copied from this post:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...with-pics.html

Fortunately I downloaded the pictures before ubnpast removed them, which helped. I figured it out on my own and didn't do some of the things he suggested. He put his ground wire under one of the headlight mechanism mounting bolts. If you do that the ground has to go through the hood hinges, which I didn't think was the best way. I added about 6" to the ground wire and grounded it at the front ground bolt by the horn. I added about 3 feet of red wire to the power lead and attached it to the "jumper block" behind the battery. HID brightness is directly proportional to the supply voltage, so going "direct" as much as possible will give the best light output.

That said, you can simplify your wiring by hooking the power directly into the existing headlight socket with a diode, like this:

Get notified of new replies

To help with corvette mod hid s

Quick Reply: help with corvette mod hid s