C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What Are These For

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 05:37 PM
Dr_Shakalu
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default What Are These For

Well, I was going to pat myself on my back for a job well done until I found these 3 things. I cleaned my IAC and throttle body as much as I could without taking off the throttle body. I just got some Bosch III from John and decided to install them. As I was removing the clips and connections from the old fuel injectors, I saw these 3 things in the space where the injectors sit. Do you think it was from something I did or is it from someplace else? It looks like a spring and some kind of plunger. Almost a great day.
Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2014, 01:05 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

What year is the car?

I've had most of my '86 apart during the 28 years I've had it and those pieces don't look like anything I've ever seen.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:46 AM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

I've got a '96 like you and don't ever remember seeing anything that looked like that. And I have taken off and reinstalled the throttle body, IAC, TPS, EGR, intake manifold - just about everything on the top and front of the engine. It almost looks like someone had a tool with which they had a problem, took apart and either couldn't repair or lost the parts on the manifold.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:29 PM
THE 383 admiral
Melting Slicks

Received 199 Likes on 183 Posts

It appears to be a rail injector block off tool? to diagnose.
I have even drilled through rail ends. No such part.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:28 PM
fpnmf
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THE 383 admiral
It appears to be a rail injector block off tool? to diagnose.
I have even drilled through rail ends. No such part.
Awesome!!! I googled " rail injector block off tool" and it showed several kinds.. very similar

This is a great place!!!
Old 12-19-2014, 09:50 PM
scooter mcfly
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That is the widjinator defractor valve who's removal results in your engine completely falling apart at the most inopportune time possible. Your only recourse is to reassemble it, drop it over your left shoulder (not your right. This is importante), then hope it lands in the trash receptacle. Then pray it wasn't actually something important.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:34 PM
Dr_Shakalu
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scooter mcfly
That is the widjinator defractor valve who's removal results in your engine completely falling apart at the most inopportune time possible. Your only recourse is to reassemble it, drop it over your left shoulder (not your right. This is importante), then hope it lands in the trash receptacle. Then pray it wasn't actually something important.
Thanks. I'll put those parts aside next to my turn signal fluid!!!

Get notified of new replies

To What Are These For

Quick Reply: What Are These For