C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

power brake booster removal 96

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Elrick
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default power brake booster removal 96

I need to remove the brake booster on my LT4 in order to put in a new bracket for the computer tray. Is there anything else I should look for or replace while i am in there? Any advice on the easiest way to approach this? I have never done this before so I just dont want to screw up what looks like a fairly easy job. Did you guys remove the seat to get under there more easily? seems like getting the nuts off and getting them started again will be a PITA. Thanks guys-E
Old 12-20-2014, 09:07 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Some like to take the seat out but I did not have to. A good set of 1/4' and 3/8" drive ratchets and sockets with normal accessories and not real problem. Use lots of light. Getting the nuts back on was the easy part for me.

My personal problem I had was getting the inside bracket to line up with the studs. It just dropped down to low which really gave me a time to get it lined up. With a second person it would have been much easier but I had to jack it up while I worked under the hood.

Make sure the master is not leaking out the rear on to the booster or it might destroy it. There is also no need to disconnect the lines from the master. Just pull it back and pull the booster out.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Elrick
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pcolt94
Some like to take the seat out but I did not have to. A good set of 1/4' and 3/8" drive ratchets and sockets with normal accessories and not real problem. Use lots of light. Getting the nuts back on was the easy part for me.

My personal problem I had was getting the inside bracket to line up with the studs. It just dropped down to low which really gave me a time to get it lined up. With a second person it would have been much easier but I had to jack it up while I worked under the hood.

Make sure the master is not leaking out the rear on to the booster or it might destroy it. There is also no need to disconnect the lines from the master. Just pull it back and pull the booster out.
Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To power brake booster removal 96

Quick Reply: power brake booster removal 96