C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1993 LT1 Meziere water pump installation question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 08:09 PM
bretmx
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 LT1 Meziere water pump installation question

I found a great thread here that has been a huge help for installing this pump. I only have one question at this point. Along with the pump, I purchased the Meziere WIK346 wiring kit. Here's my question. What should I hook up the green wire to? The green wire is the one that turns the pump on and off when the car is turned on and off. In the instructions it says it should be connected to a "Key On Source". Anyone have any advice for me on this?
Old 12-23-2014, 12:57 PM
rklessdriver
Safety Car

Received 397 Likes on 261 Posts

There is a "Key On" wire in the harness that runs along the drivers side of the engine compartment.

It's a PINK w/(BLACK stripe) wire and it's the + power wire for the fan relays..... it's only hot when the ignition key is switched "ON".

Everybody traces that wire back to where it's closest to (where you have located) the electric WP relay and then splices into it.

My 92 has been done like this since 2006 and works great.

Good info with pics in this thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-issues-3.html

Will
Old 12-23-2014, 07:11 PM
bretmx
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rklessdriver
There is a "Key On" wire in the harness that runs along the drivers side of the engine compartment.

It's a PINK w/(BLACK stripe) wire and it's the + power wire for the fan relays..... it's only hot when the ignition key is switched "ON".

Everybody traces that wire back to where it's closest to (where you have located) the electric WP relay and then splices into it.

My 92 has been done like this since 2006 and works great.

Good info with pics in this thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-issues-3.html

Will
Thank you very much!

Get notified of new replies

To 1993 LT1 Meziere water pump installation question

Quick Reply: 1993 LT1 Meziere water pump installation question