C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Whats so special about the corvette TPS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 06:49 PM
8a8mfh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Whats so special about the corvette TPS?

When I bought my '93 the tps was disconnected and it didn't work anyway.
I went to the junkyard and bought a handful of tp sensors. Two came off LT1 caprices, one LT1 camaro, one 3.1 sunbird. Anything that uses a tps that turns ccw looking at the tb side.

I looked on advance auto parts website and these all have the same part number, they all read the same ohms on the bench and volts on a spare TB. (not exact but within range).

I have no corvette TPS to compare to, so I've been running fine with a caprice tps. Volts are .7 at idle and 4.68 at wot.

I would guess no one knows the difference.
I would also guess at least a few people are going to wonder why I bought several used ones when I could have bought the correct one. But thats not the point, I'd still wonder what the difference is....
Old 12-27-2014, 12:31 PM
8a8mfh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't mention that the corvette tps part number is different. The old one looked the same on the outside. The testing procedures and results are the same for just about any GM vehicle with a TPS. Price isn't an issue, they're all the same price.

Quick Reply: Whats so special about the corvette TPS?