C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Banski Rear Suspension Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 01:13 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,722 Likes on 931 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Default Banski Rear Suspension Upgrades

I know most of you on here are familiar with Banski Motorsports and the great suspension pieces they provide for our C4s. I was browsing his site the other day since I heard he updated it to include some solid axle pieces for Camaros and Mustangs. It looks like he added some options for the C4 kits as well! You can now get the tubes in different materials, and there is a low profile clamp available as well. For those considering an upgrade, or looking to try some of his new pieces here is his website:

https://www.banskimotorsports.com/C4...spensioin.html

I just wanted to pass this information along in hopes that he could get some new business from it. I know there are many already satisfied customers on here!
Old 12-27-2014, 07:56 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 559 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by Kubs
I know most of you on here are familiar with Banski Motorsports and the great suspension pieces they provide for our C4s. I was browsing his site the other day since I heard he updated it to include some solid axle pieces for Camaros and Mustangs. It looks like he added some options for the C4 kits as well! You can now get the tubes in different materials, and there is a low profile clamp available as well. For those considering an upgrade, or looking to try some of his new pieces here is his website:

https://www.banskimotorsports.com/C4...spensioin.html

I just wanted to pass this information along in hopes that he could get some new business from it. I know there are many already satisfied customers on here!
Any idea why he now offers them in steel?

I have them in aluminum. The ride is way better and rear camber / toe chanegs are a breeze.

Nice to also have a small weight savings. Everything counts
Old 12-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dizwiz24

I have them in aluminum. The ride is way better and rear camber / toe chanegs are a breeze.

Nice to also have a small weight savings. Everything counts
The steel tube is smaller in diameter and has a thinner wall. Probably just as light as the aluminum but would allow some extra clearance or strength in special applications.

I agree, the ride and ease of adjustment are some of the great things about this kit!!
Old 12-27-2014, 11:06 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I was thinking of looking into the Banski rear toe, cambr, and drag links on my 96. It is mainly street but might see some track from time to time. I checked out their site a few nights ago. If you guys with the Banski kits were going to do it all over with what they have available now, what would you order? Also, are all the aluminum parts red or can you specify a different color?
Old 12-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by l98tpi
I was thinking of looking into the Banski rear toe, cambr, and drag links on my 96. It is mainly street but might see some track from time to time. I checked out their site a few nights ago. If you guys with the Banski kits were going to do it all over with what they have available now, what would you order? Also, are all the aluminum parts red or can you specify a different color?
Even on the street I noticed a large improvement in ride. You will not be disappointed.

I would still get the alumnimum, but I would opt for the low profile clamps and boots. The boots were not available when I first ordered, but now that its just a race car it doesn't matter. Boots for a street car are a must.

I think red is the only color for the aluminum, but I believe you can get the steel in nickel plate right now. Your best bet is to ask Tom, the owner.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:49 AM
astock165
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
The steel was an option that the parts supplier introduced and is easy to get so there was no real reason not to at least offer an option. As Kubs mentioned as well the steel is 7/8" OD (as opposed to 1" OD in aluminum) so it will offer a little more clearance if it's necessary.

The steel also offers a nice option if one would want them powder coated or painted to match or accent the car.

are all the aluminum parts red or can you specify a different color?
Red is the standard color for aluminum. They can be anodized a different color but it can be expensive, as much as $200 for a full Trailing Arm, Camber Rod & Toe Rod kit (there is a minimum lot charge for the anodize process).

The most economical way to get a particular color is to either buy the unfinished steel and paint them or buy the red anodized aluminum (the anodize helps seal the surface and protect against oxidation) and then paint over the anodize, which shouldn't be an issue.

Anodize can be quoted but will add a few weeks to the lead time and is an additional cost. It's recommended that the customer source powder coating locally so they can deal directly with the vendor to ensure the results they want.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Crepitus
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by astock165
The steel was an option that the parts supplier introduced and is easy to get so there was no real reason not to at least offer an option. As Kubs mentioned as well the steel is 7/8" OD (as opposed to 1" OD in aluminum) so it will offer a little more clearance if it's necessary.
I really appreciate it when a suppler gets in and supports his product on a grass root level

Last edited by Crepitus; 12-28-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:01 PM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,400 Likes on 1,016 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

On my list of things to do one day
Old 12-29-2014, 04:53 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by astock165

The steel also offers a nice option if one would want them powder coated or painted to match or accent the car.

Red is the standard color for aluminum. They can be anodized a different color but it can be expensive, as much as $200 for a full Trailing Arm, Camber Rod & Toe Rod kit (there is a minimum lot charge for the anodize process).

The most economical way to get a particular color is to either buy the unfinished steel and paint them or buy the red anodized aluminum (the anodize helps seal the surface and protect against oxidation) and then paint over the anodize, which shouldn't be an issue.

Anodize can be quoted but will add a few weeks to the lead time and is an additional cost. It's recommended that the customer source powder coating locally so they can deal directly with the vendor to ensure the results they want.
Is there any discount for ordering the complete rear trailing arm, camber and toe rod kits?
Old 12-30-2014, 06:41 AM
astock165
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there any discount for ordering the complete rear trailing arm, camber and toe rod kits?
Unfortunately no. However, prices will remain the same for 2015 despite rising material costs.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:49 PM
86C4Z51
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by vader86
On my list of things to do one day
Mine too... the list is growing while the weather is freezing. I need to get out in the garage!

Get notified of new replies

To Banski Rear Suspension Upgrades

Quick Reply: Banski Rear Suspension Upgrades