C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help with Tranny Removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 10:19 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by wsherrard
This thing is heavy duty but can be handled by one guy (with some assistance from the wife). We got it unloaded and it is now lying waiting to be assembled. Will have some pics soon... with a C4 parked on it. Thanks to those who offered suggestions. Just a tip, I have a Ranger pickup and could have probably managed to get it home on the ranger but in the end decided to rent a full size GM Sierra from UHAUL. That made things really easy, it fits inside the bed (with the gate down) and fits between the wheel wells (would not fit between the wells on the Ranger). I'm just a stickler for safety, don't want to get hurt or hurt anyone else. Oh, the powder coat looks great and the packaging is done well to prevent the coating from getting damaged.
Congrats! A purchase I'm sure you'll love. Looking forward to pics.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:11 AM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

that unit sure looks like the way to go. If I wasn't towards the end of my "crawling under cars" life, I would sure buy one.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:44 PM
wsherrard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoastrider1
that unit sure looks like the way to go. If I wasn't towards the end of my "crawling under cars" life, I would sure buy one.
Hey Ghostrider what is the end of "crawling under cars" life" I'll be 68 this coming June, am I too old for this?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:48 AM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 626 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by wsherrard
This thing is heavy duty but can be handled by one guy (with some assistance from the wife). We got it unloaded and it is now lying waiting to be assembled. Will have some pics soon... with a C4 parked on it. Thanks to those who offered suggestions.

Just a tip, I have a Ranger pickup and could have probably managed to get it home on the ranger .........

Congratulations.

It is heavy duty and I managed by myself too (sometimes with a little help from my wife too.)

The Ranger could have done it. I bought mine used about 175 miles away and brought it home in my S10 that is about the same size as your Ranger. It worked fine.

We need to see a picture of your C4 on it when you get it set up.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:32 PM
wsherrard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Got the lift set up. took about an hour

Got the Kwik-Lift set up. Took about an hour including moving the pieces from outside into the garage. Did it all myself ( I'm 67 1/2 years old, 168 pounds 5 feet 7 inches tall) except when I placed the ramps on the front supports I had the wife slide the support under the ramp. Could have probably done that myself but hey, she let me buy the thing and kept asking if there was anything she cold do https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...Angel_anim.gif
. You can see the lift in my photos. Hope to have one soon with the C4 on it. Issue there is mine is not running so I'll have to "help" it up the ramp.

Quick Reply: Help with Tranny Removal