C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Totally Worth it...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 11:49 PM
Photoguy000
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoastrider1
Looks like a great upgrade. Dang, thanks a lot, now somewhere else on the vette to spend money on.
Really wasn't that expensive, ($50 maybe?) and like I named this post, I feel like it's totally worth it!

Originally Posted by Crowz
Still waiting on my bulbs to get here or even a tracking number or something. .
Looking forward to seeing your results!
Old 02-14-2015, 12:31 AM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Photoguy000
Really wasn't that expensive, ($50 maybe?) and like I named this post, I feel like it's totally worth it!

Me too...

Still no word from them or bulbs in the mail. So still waiting.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:09 AM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Photoguy000
Me too!
Old 02-18-2015, 05:28 PM
86C4Z51
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoastrider1
Looks like a great upgrade. Dang, thanks a lot, now somewhere else on the vette to spend money on.
IKR? I need to stop reading this forum.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:10 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Anyone else ordered something from batee? I still haven't received the bulbs yet or an email or anything.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:08 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Ok I should have my bulbs soon now. I sent batee an email and within 8 minutes he replied telling me he showed my payment but the order didn't get filled. Said the bulbs will get mailed tomorrow with the fastest shipping possible so maybe I'll have them Saturday or Monday at the latest.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:32 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

Dang, I just did the Xeon last year as there were no LED's for the dash then. I don't like pulling on the main wire harness because GM made it too short.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:57 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Bulbs arrived in the mail today.

But at 38 degrees that's to cold to mess with the plastic dash. So Im not waiting for the temps to get back up to at least higher than 50 degrees before installing them.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:11 PM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by crowz
Still waiting on my bulbs to get here or even a tracking number or something.
Mine arrived before a tracking # was valid.

They light up, in test, but the cluster awaits reinstall for the CC fix and steering column replacement. batee included the turn & hi-beam lights, too. I cleaned those with alcohol, being unsure if they're halogen; more likely Xenon. I used deOxIt on all plugs and bulb sockets, as insurance against poor contact.

The main CB had some browning at one of the bulb sites, but this car saw much night travel.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:19 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

He got on the ball when I emailed him. He simply made a mistake and didn't get them shipped. Can't fault him when he responded within 8 minutes of my email with the tracking number in that email too. Great service just a minor goof up that can happen to anyone. I think its because I ordered them off his site and not his ebay store. But again totally happy with his fast fix.

Just need weather to warm a bit now.

Originally Posted by whalepirot
Mine arrived before a tracking # was valid.

They light up, in test, but the cluster awaits reinstall for the CC fix and steering column replacement. batee included the turn & hi-beam lights, too. I cleaned those with alcohol, being unsure if they're halogen; more likely Xenon. I used deOxIt on all plugs and bulb sockets, as insurance against poor contact.

The main CB had some browning at one of the bulb sites, but this car saw much night travel.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:49 AM
86C4Z51
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

That's good to hear about Batee. I haven't ordered anything from him yet, but I plan to. Having read many of the articles on his site, and watched a few videos, I really appreciate what he does for the C4 community. I want to support people like that.

Since about 5 or 6 years ago when I was last active with my car, several websites I used to go for good info have disappeared. Bummer. So I feel it's incumbent upon our community to self-support.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:08 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Another Thumbs Up for Batee. I had an instrument cluster issue on my 86, sent an email and got a prompt response. Sent the cluster in and within 24-36 hours from the time he got it I got an email advising what was wrong along with pricing, repaired and ready to go out.
It's back in the car and seems to work just fine, though I have not taken it out on the streets due to snow, ice and road salt but that will come.

I have nothing but good to say regarding communication and timely repairs from Batee.com. I believe in supporting those that support us, and Bryan does.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:07 PM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

As I said in post #7, it's the brightness during the day that is important. I just installed a set of LEDs and these pictures show the before and after (halogen first, then LED). Since I have an automatic digital camera I have no control over exposure but the two appear to be very similar exposures. The LEDs are a slightly different color, but that's OK. Both of these pictures were taken about 1:00 PM on a clear blue sky California day. I was part way under a balcony that overhangs the entrance to my garage.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:14 PM
Photoguy000
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
As I said in post #7, it's the brightness during the day that is important. I just installed a set of LEDs and these pictures show the before and after (halogen first, then LED). Since I have an automatic digital camera I have no control over exposure but the two appear to be very similar exposures. The LEDs are a slightly different color, but that's OK. Both of these pictures were taken about 1:00 PM on a clear blue sky California day. I was part way under a balcony that overhangs the entrance to my garage.

Automatic camera's jobs are to make the exposures look the same.
Looking at the images I would say they are close to the same brightness. Your Camera EXIF data is only partially in tact, but
according to the Camera data the LED's are approximately 2x as bright. (1/30th@F2.8 for the first shot, 1/53@F2.8 for the second shot). No ISO inside the EXIF data, but the blacks in the second exposure look a little washed out so I'm guessing the ISO is where that 1 stop of speed went.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:48 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Still waiting on non freezing weather to install mine

Its showing 55 for the high Saturday so maybe I can them in then. Tuesday shows 70 but rain.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:22 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Ok weathers rocking today so I dived into this project.

Dash pads out and cluster is in the house with new bulbs installed. Resting a bit before reassembling it all.

I took pictures right before taking everything apart so I just need to take the pics with the leds in now. All pics are in full sunlight.

Didn't know going in the dash pad needed to come off so taking longer than expected.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:51 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Ok dead tired but done. First I want to say while Im sitting here resting before uploading the pics I cant tell the led's are any brighter than whatever was in there to start with. I expected brighter light to be honest.

Then again for all I know what I took out could of been xenon bulbs so that may be why the lack of any change. That said the old bulbs were plenty bright as they were. I did the swap to remove the chance of heat damage from the normal bulbs.

Get notified of new replies

To Totally Worth it...

Old 02-28-2015, 03:58 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Ok heres the pics.

Before with normal type light bulbs is the 13.1 volts deal.

Now after with led bulbs from batee's site is the 11 volts pics.
Attached Images   
Old 02-28-2015, 04:00 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

I guess the led's are a little bit brighter?
Old 02-28-2015, 06:22 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Ran into a problem about 10 minutes into running the car with the led lights.

Top pic shows where the top left bulb quit.

Next pic is after I pulled the dash panel off and popped the silver cap off and wiggled the bulb. No way in hell I was removing the dash cluster again for just that
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Totally Worth it...