C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Floppy turn signal lever on a '92 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 07:00 PM
sunrise7
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Floppy turn signal lever on a '92 Vette

I am replacing the switch assembly that the multi-function lever ( turn signal stalk) mounts into. Not the turn signal switch itself...
My question is to remove the pin that mounts this assembly do I have to remove the ignition switch and the column tilt lever too ? And then separate the upper column housing from the column ? And what about threading the wires and the connector from the old switch assembly out and the new ones in ..... do the bottom brackets that hold the column to the dash have to be removed too ????
Thanks for any guidance on this ..... it's a "messy" job.......
Old 02-16-2015, 12:34 PM
sunrise7
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Removing the pin that holds the

Originally Posted by sunrise7
I am replacing the switch assembly that the multi-function lever ( turn signal stalk) mounts into. Not the turn signal switch itself...
My question is to remove the pin that mounts this assembly do I have to remove the ignition switch and the column tilt lever too ? And then separate the upper column housing from the column ? And what about threading the wires and the connector from the old switch assembly out and the new ones in ..... do the bottom brackets that hold the column to the dash have to be removed too ????
Thanks for any guidance on this ..... it's a "messy" job.......
In the Factory Service Manual, they call the component that the turn signal lever ( or multifunction switch, as they call the lever ) plugs into, the Switch Assembly, Pivot and Pulse. That's what I need to replace... the Switch Assembly, Pivot and Pulse, item 23 in the diagram in the FSM.... has all the wires and a block connector coming off of it.
My biggest question now is... do I have to remove the ignition switch to get the upper column housing separated from the lower portion of the housing enough to get at the pin that holds the Switch Assembly, Pivot and Pulse in place ? Then I assume I press the pin downward to push it out and separate the Switch Assembly, Pivot and Pulse from the column housing, right ???? The FSM is not clear on this.....
THANKS !!!!

92 Corvette upper steering column

Quick Reply: Floppy turn signal lever on a '92 Vette