C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Air in coolant system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 11:40 PM
RottenApple311
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Air in coolant system?

I replaced the water pump in my 95 LT1 a while back and flushed and refilled the anti freeze. No leaks and engine runs at normal temperatures (200-210)F. I replaced the radiator cap and the system pressurizes correctly. New thermostat (195)F also. Every time I've run the car however when I shut it off, the overflow and surge tank gurgle with air like hell. I understand you bleed air from the system from the bleeder screws and running the car without the cap for a couple minutes to burp itself and even after that, the car should burp itself from air overtime. Well its been a loong while since the replacement last November and it still gurgles even after Ive burped the system multiple times.

Other things to consider is one, the coolant is not boiling and two I don't think its the head gasket. I have not white smoke or milky oil.

Any help is is appreciated I really don't feel like ruining something with the cavitation that might be happining.

Quick Reply: Air in coolant system?