C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

HELP with 93 vette motor blower issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 04:01 PM
Batdad
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with 93 vette motor blower issue

Ok guys I have gotten answers to lots of questions by scouring these forums, but I've run out of answers and it's time for a question.

Here's the issue: I was driving with the heat on and the vents stopped blowing any air.

Here's what I've tried so far: I pulled the purple and black cords from the blower motor and ran 12 volts directly and the motor kicked on full blast (I assume it was full blast at least).
I pulled the connector from the control module and all of the connections were clean and connected. I checked the fuses in the passenger side and the maxi blocks under the hood. I ran my multimeter at the module and there was power but it didn't seem to fluctuate when I changed blower speed. There is no power getting to the connector at the actual blower motor.

What else can I check before I give up and take it into the shop? I can feel heat at the vent, it's just not blowing out...
Old 02-21-2015, 06:46 PM
Batdad
Intermediate

Ok, update to this issue. After pulling all the connections and fuses, I didn't find any loose connections or corrosion, but I went for a leisurely ride, hit a big bump, and the air kicked on. I must just have a loose ground somewhere or something. There are only about a million grounds to check, so fingers crossed it keeps working.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:18 PM
afgunn
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Batdad
Ok, update to this issue. After pulling all the connections and fuses, I didn't find any loose connections or corrosion, but I went for a leisurely ride, hit a big bump, and the air kicked on. I must just have a loose ground somewhere or something. There are only about a million grounds to check, so fingers crossed it keeps working.
I had the same problems with my blower motor on my 94. I took mine out and lubricated the motor bearings as best as I could, but it made no difference. When first used the motor would blow well (I thought) and then slow down after a while until it stopped - hit a bump and it would start again and run a little while. I think something is worn-out in the motor - brushes?

I replaced the fan assembly (motor and cage fan) with a new one from Ecklers. On high the fan blows considerably more than the old one. It has not stopped yet!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Batdad
Intermediate

Originally Posted by afgunn
I had the same problems with my blower motor on my 94. I took mine out and lubricated the motor bearings as best as I could, but it made no difference. When first used the motor would blow well (I thought) and then slow down after a while until it stopped - hit a bump and it would start again and run a little while. I think something is worn-out in the motor - brushes?

I replaced the fan assembly (motor and cage fan) with a new one from Ecklers. On high the fan blows considerably more than the old one. It has not stopped yet!
I saw the ones you're talking about online and they were pretty inexpensive so I may give them a try. We'll see how the A/C works when it starts getting hot. That's when I'm really gonna need that circulating air. Thanks for the heads up!

Get notified of new replies

To HELP with 93 vette motor blower issue

Quick Reply: HELP with 93 vette motor blower issue