C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

wiring harness advice

Old 02-27-2015, 04:58 PM
pipe
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default wiring harness advice

Still trying to thin out my harness in the engine bay. I just need to keep the wiring for the alt. and front lighting all the other things will be in the aftermarket FI system. I have the factory shop manual and trying to figure out which pinouts go to what. Lotta dam wires in that harness. I have a bit of a problem nocking out the pins with the tool they come out pretty hard. Anyone have any advice on thinning this mess out. Pipe
Old 02-28-2015, 07:02 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by pipe
Still trying to thin out my harness in the engine bay. I just need to keep the wiring for the alt. and front lighting all the other things will be in the aftermarket FI system. I have the factory shop manual and trying to figure out which pinouts go to what. Lotta dam wires in that harness. I have a bit of a problem nocking out the pins with the tool they come out pretty hard. Anyone have any advice on thinning this mess out. Pipe
You don't mention year so it's a bit hard to be very specific BUT the bulk-head connector C100 has two under-hood connectors. One is everything "forward lamp" and the other is engine. Alternator is very simple direct wiring.

Mention the year and it might be much easier.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:32 PM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Most of the engine control related wires go through the bulkhead feed through behind the passenger side head.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:48 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
Most of the engine control related wires go through the bulkhead feed through behind the passenger side head.
Only on '89 and earlier cars. There's several threads related to sorting/separating that pass through as it's not actually a connector but a "loom" of sorts just orientating the wires..
Old 02-28-2015, 09:33 PM
pipe
Drifting

Sorry guys its a 88 got rid of the injector connectors cold start injector and some other stuff . Stuck myself a few times with that dam tool knocking those pins out. Checking the connectors for letter and number that can be removed. Cruise control,egr valve, mass air, ac, air diverted valve, esc can all go to. Thanks for any help. Pipe
Old 03-07-2015, 02:39 PM
pipe
Drifting

Can anyone with a 88 vette tell me what color wires come out of the cruise control connector and if the connector is black thanks. Pipe
Old 03-08-2015, 01:01 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by pipe
Can anyone with a 88 vette tell me what color wires come out of the cruise control connector and if the connector is black thanks. Pipe
Do you mean the "SERVO"? If yes I would expect a gray/5-pin connector there. A-DKBL/WHT, B-TAN, C-BLK, D-LTBL/BLK and E-LTGRN. A possible variation A-DKBL, D-LTBL/WHT. I don't have an '88 FSM, the first 5 are from a '90 and the variation is from an '86 best I recall.

Perhaps you can be more specific as to which connector.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:49 PM
pipe
Drifting

WVZR-1 thanks for all the help appreciate it

Get notified of new replies

To wiring harness advice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wiring harness advice