C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Turn Signal Indicator woes in Dash

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:02 PM
alrosenzweig
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Turn Signal Indicator woes in Dash

I have a 1990 not ZRI... very recently its weird sometimes the right turn signal indicator in the dash....... blinks when the turn signal lever is pushed up as if to turn....and sometimes it doesn't. All exterior lights work just. thoughts and thank you.

al
Old 03-01-2015, 09:21 AM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the same issue. Its annoying but since the actual signals work it isnt at the top of my repair list. I figure its probly a dirty connection or bad socket at the bulb since its so intermittent. I have a new LCD to install so I will look at it when I get around to that. That replacement is waiting til I can get a new tach LCD as its shot out too. At $120 and again doesnt effect the running day to day, its down the list.

I hope someone will give some input to your question. I am subscribing to see if anyone can help us. If you figure it out, make sure you post up what you found for me and the rest of the community.

Good luck!
Old 03-01-2015, 12:35 PM
alrosenzweig
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Default turn signal indicator

Yep I will..... it's odd it's almost like a computer type issue but that doesn't seem right either. What's a tach LCD? liquid crystal diode?

Originally Posted by HlhnEast
I have the same issue. Its annoying but since the actual signals work it isnt at the top of my repair list. I figure its probly a dirty connection or bad socket at the bulb since its so intermittent. I have a new LCD to install so I will look at it when I get around to that. That replacement is waiting til I can get a new tach LCD as its shot out too. At $120 and again doesnt effect the running day to day, its down the list.

I hope someone will give some input to your question. I am subscribing to see if anyone can help us. If you figure it out, make sure you post up what you found for me and the rest of the community.

Good luck!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:15 AM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Close I think it means liquid crystal display, like TVs are now. There are 3 LCDs in your Atari dash unit. Speedo, center gauges and the tach section. The blinker indicator isnt part of that, they are regular bulbs. There are two printed circuit boards and one has the indicators and high beam as well as the illumination of the LCDs on it.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:29 AM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by HlhnEast
the actual signals work... probly a dirty connection or bad socket at the bulb
the right start, IMO. I recommend using an electrical cleaner on the plugs ad bulb sockets and alcohol on the glass bulbs themselves, esp the halogen types. I'd suggest, if going thru the trouble of pulling the LCD assy, that all new bulbs be installed which is not major bucks.

Having just installed LEDs in place of the 4 hot-running halogens, I saw some initial signs of the overheating of the circuit board at one socket. Oxidation on the contacts may a partial cause, atop the hot bulbs, as heat is generated via increased resistance in the circuit.

There are plenty of threads on how to R&R the LCD assembly.

Get notified of new replies

To Turn Signal Indicator woes in Dash

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Indicator woes in Dash