C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

94 LT-1 code 44

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Default 94 LT-1 code 44

I looked that up and that's left O2 sensor reading lean. I went to inspect the wiring today on it. and lead coming from the engine harness one of the wires were bare going into the connector. I have no clue how that would happen. I can only assume that wire that is bare is not making contact inside the connecter giving the ECM a false reading???

why would it take the car all but 5 miles from cold start up to throw the check engine light?

I replaced the O2 sensors about 5 years ago. so I guess I can't rule them out??
Old 03-22-2015, 05:53 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
I looked that up and that's left O2 sensor reading lean. I went to inspect the wiring today on it. and lead coming from the engine harness one of the wires were bare going into the connector. I have no clue how that would happen. I can only assume that wire that is bare is not making contact inside the connecter giving the ECM a false reading???

why would it take the car all but 5 miles from cold start up to throw the check engine light?

I replaced the O2 sensors about 5 years ago. so I guess I can't rule them out??
My o2 were old and tierd and never put a code till they were real bad
Old 03-22-2015, 06:12 PM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 626 Likes on 488 Posts

I don't know on yours, but I had a bunch of injector wires that were bare. Mice ate all the insulation down to the bare wires.

A reason why you don't see an error for 5 miles or so is the car starts in open loop and doesn't go to closed loop using the O2 sensor feedback until it warms up a little (maybe about 5 miles.)

Good luck.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by QCVette
I don't know on yours, but I had a bunch of injector wires that were bare. Mice ate all the insulation down to the bare wires.

A reason why you don't see an error for 5 miles or so is the car starts in open loop and doesn't go to closed loop using the O2 sensor feedback until it warms up a little (maybe about 5 miles.)

Good luck.
Mines a daily driver with 158k miles and the car is 21 years old. I guess I can chalk it up to old age and miles.

I am going to get a new pig tail this week and hopefully that will fix it. Just wanted to make sure I'm not over thinking any of this. Because yesterday a coolant hose started to leak. I fixed that. Then today while looking at the O2 sensor I noticed the pin on the brake caliper was half way out. And the passenger side clip was about to fall off. So I put a clip on the drivers side and going to get two new pins and clips as well. This car is driving me crazy

Get notified of new replies

To 94 LT-1 code 44

Quick Reply: 94 LT-1 code 44