C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

94 lt1

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 03:18 PM
TN-Torn8o
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 lt1

Ok. I'm looking to create the best setup for high rwhp on my car. can anyone point me in the right direction? The car is completely stock at this time and I don't wish to spend tons of money doing the trial & error bit.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:58 PM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

For starters, where do you live? Do you have smog laws? If not, then the sky is the limit. If you do, I'd do an LS swap and throw a blower or turbo on it. Be smog legal with over 500rwhp.

If money is tight, nitrous can be your friend for very cheap. Make sure you have a good person to tune your computer.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:16 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Ballpark budget you have to work with?

$2,000 $5,000 $15,000
Old 03-26-2015, 05:25 PM
TN-Torn8o
3rd Gear

Emission laws are nonexistent so its just a matter of what works the best. The budget is kinda open at this point.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:29 AM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Horsepower costs money. Once you go above 350 or so it gets expensive. You are right in going with proven set ups. That way you don't have to "hope" that a certain cam will work with your heads, etc. This is the way I see it; most of us like the feel of high torque motors. There is no substitute for cu. in. 383 seems the easiest way to build torque. That might be around $2000 to 3500 depending on the rotating assembly you pick. Collect all the parts first and be ready for the "while you are in there" syndrome.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by TN-Torn8o
high rwhp...I don't wish to spend tons of money doing the trial & error bit....The budget is kinda open at this point.
You need to be more specific. What is "high rwhp" to YOU? What is "tons of money" and "budget is kinda open", to you??

You'll get recommendations from CAI's and Air Foils to exotic engine and drive train builds in the 10's of thousands.

*What are your power/performance goals?
*What is your REAL budget?
Old 03-27-2015, 03:54 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Emission laws are nonexistent so its just a matter of what works the best. The budget is kinda open at this point.
The issue is that our answers are very different if the budget is $2K or the budget is $15K.

Are you able to perform engine assembly and/ or machine shop work yourself?

How are you going to be using the car?

If you were to say:
My vette is an auto trans with a 3.07 rear end, it has 35K on it. I will drive it only on weekends and I want to take it to the drag strip and I don't want to spend more than $8K initially and then not more that $2K a year on maintenance. That will get you a number of different solutions to discuss and consider.

Also remember that the more RWHP you have the more $ you need to spend in beefing up the trans, rearend, & brakes.

Last edited by Mr. Peabody; 03-27-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:34 AM
chadk
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If I had a nickel (well 20.00) for every time I read one of these post...

No offense to the PO but there is tons of info already posted here CF and on the web. My thought to you is doing the LT4 cam kit.

I think the price of the C4 more affordable to the younger generation spawns these open ended questions that being how do I get more HP cheap and easy. If price is not an issue at least with me I would have purchased a C6 or C7 off the get go.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:34 AM
TN-Torn8o
3rd Gear

This was a pretty simple and straight forward request. My "open Budget" Is my concern in the end. What I consider "high rwhp" again is open to my own interpretation. Not trying to be rude here but in the end my question was what setups would allow me to obtain my goals without spending a fortune in trial and error.

This is a project car, So as far as my budget goes it can cost whatever I decide to pay over the time it takes me to achieve my goal. whether I decide to get 500 rwhp or 2500 rwhp.

In the end I was curious as to the setups that were proven to work and give me a good place to start.

For those who have given me some ideas as to things I may want to start with I thank you. I would still like to hear other setups that work and what gains they were able to achieve with them.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:39 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

This was a pretty simple and straight forward request. My "open Budget" Is my concern in the end. What I consider "high rwhp" again is open to my own interpretation. Not trying to be rude here but in the end my question was what setups would allow me to obtain my goals without spending a fortune in trial and error.

This is a project car, So as far as my budget goes it can cost whatever I decide to pay over the time it takes me to achieve my goal. whether I decide to get 500 rwhp or 2500 rwhp.

In the end I was curious as to the setups that were proven to work and give me a good place to start.

For those who have given me some ideas as to things I may want to start with I thank you. I would still like to hear other setups that work and what gains they were able to achieve with them.
Yep that narrows it down
Old 03-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

^No kidding!

my question was what setups would allow me to obtain my goals without spending a fortune in trial and error.
Wow...I asked you for your goals and budget in post #6. Mr Peabody asked in #7 and Chadk in #8. You don't want to divulge that...yet you go on to ask us to help you achieve your "goals" (what ever those are) and to do so w/in a budget! (what ever that is) (!?) WTF, man? HELP US, HELP YOU. We don't know what your goals are. We don't know what "a fortune" is, to you. Therefore, how can we give any meaningful advice?

You want a proven combo? Throw an LS7 in there. Proven, "high hp", and won't cost a fortune (to some people). How is that? Does that help? I don't mean to be rude, or whatever, but give us a break. THINK about this thread, and what is going on in it. Set your goals, set your budget, post them. Then you'll get some meaningful advice.

Last edited by Tom400CFI; 03-30-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:07 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Nothing like being rude to the people you want help from....I can't wait to help him now......WW

Last edited by WW7; 03-30-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:04 PM
8a8mfh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If money is no issue then you can pay me for advice.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:13 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

I agree that's kind of rude since not only did they tell you how to help us help you, they even explained WHY we needed to know that info to be able to help you.

But if it was me and I didn't want to turn the wrenches on the motor itself but I could do the motor install and or have it installed Id go to summit racing or one of the other online sites and buy a 383 crate motor and call it a day. Then tweak on it more later.

Around $2000 gets a nice 383 crate motor from them.

Then your only looking at injectors, fuel pump and tunes at the most.

Just my 2 cents. But again if you want every ones help then giving some info isn't much to ask for their free advice.

Get notified of new replies

To 94 lt1

Quick Reply: 94 lt1